Usability problem: blocked 'back' button in presentations

ONLYOFFICE Mobile
Action: Report a bug
Device: Xiaomi Redmi 12C, Xiaomi Redmi 5
OS version: MIUI 14.0.2.0 android 13 / MIUI 11.0.1.0 android 8.1.0 OPM1
App version: 7.5.1 build 501 (both)
Mode: internet disabled for the app

After opening a presentation, the two ‘back’ arrow buttons on the upper toolbar overlap, disabling the both. It is possible to exit the presentation through system ‘back’ button though, so the problem is minor.

The link to the video showing this behavior of the app is here:

This bugreport I posted first in this thread (this moment it’s the message 25, quoted):

The update to this bugreport:

The ‘undo’ button works because it’s on the top layer.

The ‘return’ button works if the tap lands on tiny non-overlapped area at the tip of the arrow.

The overlap itself is due to insertion of the ‘play’ button into the otherwise correctly arranged toolbar after rendering the content of the presentation, the possible reason for this misbehavior is either not taking into account the increase of the width of the toolbar after insertion of the ‘play’ button, or not taking into account the not-so-wide screenwidth of some user devices.

Hello @dimm

As I can see, the video demonstrates some other scenario with spreadsheet editor and does not contain mentioned issue with presentation editor. Please double check the video and let me know if I misunderstand anything.

True, I have copypasted the above link without switching it to point to other file.

Here is the link to the relevant video:

Thank you for the demo. We will analyze it and I will provide further feedback as soon as possible.

We have released a new version 8.0 of the app. Please update your application and check the situation again. I am looking forward to your feedback.

version 8.0.0 build 520

This issue with the ‘back’ buttons overlap still persists, yet. Both Redmi 5 and Redmi 12C are affected. This issue is easily reproducible on any device which screen is much taller than wider:

Screenshot_2024-02-09-09-48-35-815_com.onlyoffice.documents|690x244

Thank you for providing the feedback. We keep on analyzing the issue.

version 8.0.1 build 533

The issue is beautifully mended on Redmi 12C, the Redmi 5 is not checked against it yet.

Does it meant that the issue with overlapping buttons is still reproducible on this device after the update? Can you share new screenshot?

That’s too inductive of you! It just stated that I hadn’t updated the app on that device or hadn’t checked the issue on that device, in this case the first.

I updated the app today (to version 8.0.1 build 533), the buttons layout is good on the Redmi 5, too:

So the issue is now fixed on both devices. Thank you for the feedback.