Unable to register after purchasing license

I just purchased a license thinking it was a simple process getting it installed. I ]am running UnRAID Docker and am running the most recent docker with the EE added like it said in the documentation. I use the installation for my own nextcloud. I have placed the license file and checked permissions but i still cannot mobile edit. Not sure what editing looks like from the mobile side. Im sure its me not doing something. Is there anyone who could help me with this 150$ investment? Else I will have to request a refund.

i get a warning when i double tap to select some text - An error occured during the work with the document. Download document to save the file backup copy locally

Hello @qw3r7yju4n
Please provide us with general information about your installation:

1. OS version.
  2. Point us to the guide which you used for installation.
  3. Reproduce the issue and make screenshots.
  4. Document server logs folder. It’s located here: /app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/logs/documentserver/

Also let us know your Nextcloud and connector app versions.

OS Version - UnRAID 6.11.5
Guide - ONLYOFFICE Docs Enterprise Edition - ONLYOFFICE

Screenshots - Qwerty's Cloud
Logs - Qwerty's Cloud
Nextcloud version - 25.0.3
ONLYOffice connector - 7.6.8

This is activation guide, but what guide did you use to install Document server itself?
Also please run a few tests:

1. Please check out if the issue reproduces on Nextcloud portal itself (go to Nextcloud portal via desktop browser).
  2. Go to Document server Welcome page (http://domain_name/welcome) > enable integrated example and check the situation.

Also please let us know version of docker (docker -v command from the host)

In general, please pay attention that we didn’t test installation on UnRaid. Usually we recommend to use clean separate server for Document server installation. It’s necessary to avoid dependency and port conflicts.

A few more things, please check out these steps:

1. Make sure license file is named strictly license.lic and it is the only license file in the folder /var/www/onlyoffice/Data/ (inside the container)

2. Try to give 755 permissions for the license file sudo chmod -R 755 /var/www/onlyoffice/Data/license.lic

3. Try to indicate the absolute path to the license file in the following configs - /etc/onlyoffice/documentserver/default.json and /etc/onlyoffice/documentserver/production-linux.json. Find the folliwing section (it is almost the same in both configs):

"license" : {
             "license_file": "",

Add the path, so this section looks like this:

"license" : {
            "license_file": "/var/www/onlyoffice/Data/license.lic",

Once you changed the path in both configs, restart all Document Server services with supervisorctl restart all.

NB! We recommend to prepare whole server backup before any server side actions.

Thanks for giving this some time I appriciate it. I didnt have a guide for OnlyOffice. I saw it was usable with nextcloud so I went and installed it from the communtiy applications app for UnRaid. Houses alll our precoinfigured docker configs(permissions really) for all sorts of containers and plugins for unraid. I then created a reverse proxy rule for only office so that external users can use it. That was the setup.

Now I followed all your instructions and still it doesnt want to register. I can see the license.lic in the right folder. I also configured the json’s. One was pointing to a wrong location but they both nowe point to the correct location and they still arent activating.

I also ran the example on the welcome page and it works. I also launched the desktop editor and it works. I get a pro mpt on the mobile version that Im using community version(unregistered)

Docker version 20.10.21, build baeda1f

I believe that the situation is related to UnRaid apps. We didn’t test these apps and we don’t know if UnRaid team changed anything in the docker image or in config files.
Please note that we do not support Unraid officially and we do not have any guides for it.

I would recommend you to use UCS as an alternative to Unraid that we test out and fully support, please find the installation guide here Installing ONLYOFFICE Docs Enterprise Edition within UCS - ONLYOFFICE.

You can also use One-Click installation with Docker via installation script Installing ONLYOFFICE Docs using the provided script - ONLYOFFICE or try to install it manually Installing ONLYOFFICE Docs for Docker on a local server - ONLYOFFICE

Well, its just a docker installation on linux. So using the docker guide works. Just takes some translation into the UnRAID UI. Frankly, the UnRAID UI is the best docker implementation Ive seen.

I have a question. This container is running as root. UnRAID has a specific user(nobody) that all containers run as if setup that way. But when I did that, by adding PGID, PUID, and UMASK variable it did not change the conatiner to use that user. So I have a appdata share that is that is owned by root.

I suspect its permissions that is causing this problem.

I used your script to get docker running in a VM running Ubuntu with onlyoffice. Im getting the same issue. I would also like to add the production-linux.json is pointing to the wrong license location when you install the container initially. Any ideas as to why a fresh install is not registering?

Is it totally clean separate server? Would you mind providing us with whole Document server logs folder?

Logs - Qwerty's Cloud

I’ve sent you a message via PM, please check it out.

This bug has been fixed. Thanks to your teams help. Thanks a million!

We are glad to have helped. Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues.