Separate apps for each office app

Hi, all.

I’ve used ONLYOFFICE on my nextcloud server as well as the desktop editors, and I really like them.

One small thing I don’t like about the desktop editors is they’re merged into one app. While this is convenient and you only have to launch one app to edit anything, I think it would be better to have them “split,” per se. If you want to write a word document, click on the docs app in your system’s app launcher. Presentation? Slideshow app. Something much more like LibreOffice/MS Office.

While I say having split apps would be better, having a sort of “home” app (much like the current ONLYOFFICE app) would still be good. From here, you have access to all 3 apps.

I’m on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS/Pop!_OS 21.04, currently on desktop editors 6.4.2

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @Cesium
Thank you for your idea. We need some time to discuss it internally. I cannot provide any guarantees of this idea releasing at the moment.

I am VERY new to OO and this is my first post. But the first question that came to mind after lauching it was exactly the same as the above author of this topic. As handy as it is to have a “Launcher” to start all apps at once I would prefer to have separate Icons to start each app. It’s been a year and a half since you had an internal discussion about it :slight_smile: Any news? Cheers!

Hello @Theo54au
We are still working on this feature. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with exact timeframes at the moment.