Import data from different spreadsheet files

Hello tiago.
Thank you for detailed description. We thought about something similar. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with any timeframes or in what form such functionality will be implemented.

But we are planning to implement the similar idea.

Hello Alexandre
Perfect, I’m available to help with anything that is relevant.

Att.te

1 Like

Hi there, this is a feature I’m also desperately searching for. It’s esp. lacking when you want to move your system from GSuite to ONLYOFFICE.

IMPORTRANGE

Google Sheets has a very good way to import a range from another spreadsheet.
Maybe this can be some inspiration. spreadsheet_url could be a link to another ONLYOFFICE file.

IMPORTRANGE(spreadsheet_url, range_string)

EXAMPLE

IMPORTRANGE("https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hh2grfB6rp9OQ2yAIu3S5YF_CCFJGwyqPGveABlOZKg/edit", "World Cup!A1:D21")

ABOUT
Imports a range of cells from a specified spreadsheet.

spreadsheet_url
The URL of the spreadsheet from which data will be imported.

range_string
A string of the format “[sheet_name!]range” (e.g. “Sheet1!A2:B6” or “A2:B6”) specifying the range to import.

Further Import functions

There is also a number of other import functions as can be seen in the picture below. All doing essentially the same thing but are different in the way they consume the data.

1 Like

you have found a solution?
Thanks

We have a license of onlyoffice within nextclod and I see that the possibility to import data from another excel sheet to the document, or the possibility to copy-paste, is still not included.
This is a basic and fundamental question, how is it possible that in 2022 it is still not implemented?

Hello @foton
We are still working on the linked spreadsheet cell values feature as it is described by topic starter. But copy-paste feature between xlsx files works properly. Please clarify the issue which you faced.
By the way, if you have commercial license, it’s better to contact us viz Zendesk to get prompt replies.

Copy - Paste is a one time action, that requires human action. What we want is an automated refrence thing. Use case : I have several business units, each business unit describes its budget in a file. I need a file with all business units : I want to be able to consolidate all these spreadsheet into one spreadsheet, with a simple formula and no copy paste, so that it is updated each time one opens it.

Hello @Mgousseff
We are working on it. Unfortunately, I can’t provide you with exact timeframes of this feature release at the moment. I will update this post when we have something to share.
Sorry for inconvenience.

Thanks for the answer. I was wondering if the query tables could deal with this if I switched from multiple spreadsheets to multiple sheets within the spreadsheet, but I found no documentation on query tables, only the anouncement of their existence… Do you have any tutorial on how to use them ? It would be great. Thanks in advance.

Que pena que este recurso não funciona nesta plataforma.
Avisem-me quando chegar esta relevante novidade.

Hello @Kleber
I will update this post when we have something to share.
By the way, please note that official language of this forum is English.

Hello,
If I understand it’s approximately the same ask than me so I don’t know if I shall create.
I need to link cells of several spreadsheet files.
Do you have a solution today?

Hello @Mewen
I believe we are on the finish line. We are planning to add mentioned feature for Workspace\cloud portals with Document server v.7.3 and Community server v.12.5.
As for other storages (for example, Nextcloud), we need more time since the request is related to other DMS systems and we need to coop with each storage develop team to release such feature (I mean that Document server is an editor in fact, it doesn’t contain files and data).
Anyway, I believe we are close and I will update this thread when we have something to share.

1 Like

Hello @Alexandre,
Community server v12.5 is released since a few days, however I can’t find any traces of this feature, did it get postponed ?
Regards

edit: My bad, found it : Add external links to cells - ONLYOFFICE ( introduced here ONLYOFFICE Docs v7.3 released: enhanced forms and security, SmartArt, Watch Window, and more )

edit2: did a quick test on your online version, link will work during paste however every value will be filled with 0’s after update (either by menu>data>external links>update or after reloading the file)
Screenshot from 2023-04-01 17-07-05

Hello @FrancoisM
v.12.5 is released for ‘cloud’ instances already. As for stand-alone Workspace (exe, docker, packages), we’re working hard to release it as soon as possible.

edit2: did a quick test on your online version, link will work during paste however every value will be filled with 0’s after update (either by menu>data>external links>update or after reloading the file)

Could you please reproduce the situation and make a videofile? Did you use Personal (https://personal.onlyoffice.com/) in your test?

@Alexandre, yes here it is https://transfert.free.fr/XGHC5N3 the link is valid 7 days.
Browser used Firefox 111 on Ubuntu 22.04.
I used mypseudo.onlyoffice.eu for my test.
Regards

edit: It seems to work after some times: if I go again on my 2nd spreadsheet it updated correctly, if I modify my first and update the second the modification are not copied yet but after a minute or so.

@FrancoisM
Thank you for the videofile! We’re checking the situation.

@FrancoisM
We’ve checked provided scenario, this is expected behavior (empty cells fill out with with 0’s). Additionally we checked out MS Excel, they have the same behavior.
One important thing about your recorded test, I believe it’s better to close\save first file. In your scenario you created a file, filled out a few cells and tried to copy to other file. At this step, when you tried to ‘update values’ on the new file, you have to be sure that the first file is already saved (it’s related to logic of work of Document server, the changes you have made to new file are located in the Document server cache\database, until you close\save the file).
Everything else seems to be ok, the feature works.

Hello,
What’s the current feature implementation status for NextCloud plug-in?

Hello @EtagiBI
It’s recently added: https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/onlyoffice-nextcloud/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#added

• Paste Special to add a link between files