How to insert colorful emojis in Desktop Editors

Hello,
How are you?
I have a problem:
I don’t know how to insert colorful emojis in Desktop Editors, the problem is that I have them black and white with “Calibri”, “Arial”, “Segoe UI”, “Segoe UI Emoji” and “Wingdings” fonts. Do I have to download a special font for it or do I have to use the Cloud Editor?
Have a nice day!
Best wishes,
Hans.

OS version: Windows 10 version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.2075)
App version: 7.2.0.204 (64 bit exe package)
Downloaded from: OnlyOffice

Hello @hans
We are checking the situation. I’ll update this thread when we have something to share.

1 Like

Hello @Alexandre,
How are you?
Thank you for your answer!
I will wait for you updating this thread.
Have a nice day!
Best wishes,
Hans.

Thank you, I’m fine.
Unfortunately, there’s no way to add colorful emojis at the moment. But we are already working on it (internal number - 55936). We have added your request to mentioned enhancement.

1 Like

Hello @Alexandre,
I hope you’re fine,
Thank you for responding me, I will wait for this feature and I will surely see OnlyOffice becoming more beautiful (the devs should add rounded corners for the tabs, the interface, everywhere) and having more useful features, until they show everybody that OnlyOffice is better than WPS Office (I don’t talk about MS Office, it’s too obvious).
My second question is: is it possible to have the “save as an image” feature and the image transparency feature in OnlyOffice?
Anyway, if it’s not possible, I will continue my transition from WPS to OnlyOffice (my challenge is to use only open source software).
OnlyOffice is better than LibreOffice or OpenOffice or Calligra Office or WPS Office or Google Docs or MS Office, etc.
Have a lovely day!
:smiley:
Best wishes,
Hans.

Hello @hans
Please describe the desired scenario in details.

Do I understand it right that you are looking for opportunity to save docx file to png\jpeg formats?
If I misunderstood your request, please clarify it.

1 Like

Hello @Alexandre,

I think what I asked is unavailable in OnlyOffice:
I don’t ask for saving docx or pptx files to png/jpg or images,
I ask for the following feature:
I need to be able to right click on a shape and to have the “Save as picture” feature, like in PowerPoint or WPS Presentations.
Here is a video of what I’m talking about: How to Save Shapes and Objects as Images in PowerPoint - YouTube.

Have a nice day!
Best wishes,
Hans.

Hello @Alexandre,
How are you?
I hope you’re well! :smiley:

If what I asked for OnlyOffice isn’t available, for pictures, I will use other FOSS software, keeping OO as my default Office suite.
I like it a lot: I searched an alternative to MS Office with the “Save as picture” feature, so I tried OO and uninstalled it, but, months later, I realised FOSS software was important, so I installed OO and uninstalled it again (I liked WPS a lot), I installed OO a 3rd time and uninstalled it again.
Eventually, days ago, I installed it for the 4th time and I liked it (FOSS always win)!
I then uninstalled WPS.
For my logos, I’ll use Inkscape and for my pictures, I’ll take GIMP.
Long live to FOSS!

Have a nice day!
Best wishes,
Hans.

Hello @hans
Sorry for the late reply.

I need to be able to right click on a shape and to have the “Save as picture” feature, like in PowerPoint or WPS Presentations.
Here is a video of what I’m talking about: How to Save Shapes and Objects as Images in PowerPoint - YouTube.

Ah, now I got it. We are checking the situation. I’ll update this thread a little bit later.

1 Like

Hello @Alexandre,
How are you?
I hope you’re very well ! :smiley:

Thanks for your reply!

My last problem is the following:
I lived in France for years, I’m moving to UK, but, I share this PC with family members who don’t really speak English.
On Windows (same Windows version, and same OO version, no updates :slight_smile: ) , I changed my account language from French to English UK. But, in OnlyOffice, I see the default language is English US, and when I begin typing some text (I’m fine with English US), the language is changed to French (France). I change it to English UK, I type some text, and it is changed to French (France).
I speak about the spell checking language, not the document language.
So, is there a fix to change the default language of my documents from French (France) to English US or English UK?

Thank you for you patience and your great help! :smiley:
You are a very nice person! :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!
Best wishes,
Hans.

Hello @hans
Thank you, I’m fine. I hope you too.
As for your suggestion:

I need to be able to right click on a shape and to have the “Save as picture” feature

There’s no way to achieve this scenario at the moment. We have added your suggestion to internal tracksystem (internal number - 59446).
Thank you for your idea!

As for spellcheck issue. Could you please record a videofile while you are reproducing the issue? Also please go to Windows settings > Time & Language > Language & Region > make a screenshot of your language settings on this page.

1 Like

Hello @Alexandre,
How are you?
I hope you’re fine! :slight_smile:

Thank you for responding so quickly! You’re pretty fast! :zap: :dash:
Here is a video describing my problem: link to video.

The video and the picture are hosted on my MEGA cloud account, so it is secure.

Your help is great! Thank you! :smiley:

Have a nice day!
Best wishes,
Hans.

Here are the Windows settings screenshots:
Image 1
link to image 1
Image 2
link to image 2

Thank you for provided data. What is default document language?

Do I understand the issue right that document language is English, but for some reason text language suddenly switches to French?

1 Like

Hello @Alexandre,
How are you?
I hope you’re very well! :smiley:
Thank for your help :slight_smile: ,
The default document language is English US, by default, and the default spell checking language is also English US.
But, when I start typing, the document language stays unchanged, but the spell checking language switches to French (France).

Have a nice day!
Best wishes,
Hans.

I forgot to send you a screenshot capture:

Have a nice day!
:smiley:
Hans.

Hello @hans
Thank you, I’m fine.
Would you mind re-checking the issue on Desktop Editors v.7.2.1? We have released it a few minutes ago.

1 Like

Hello @Alexandre,
I’m happy you’re fine! :smiley:

I will uninstall and reinstall OnlyOffice from onlyoffice.com website! :slight_smile:

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:
Hans.

Which is the best to use: exe or msi?
I think they are equal (msi is just used by companies with its special properties)

I’ve installed OnlyOffice: same problem
If there’s no solution, that’s not a matter, I will adapt.
OS version: Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.2130)
OO version: ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors version 7.2.1.36 (x64 msi package)