How to insert colorful emojis in Desktop Editors

If there’s no solution, that’s not a matter, I will adapt.

We are checking the situation, I’ll notify you when we have something to share.

1 Like

Hello @Alexandre ,
I hope you’re still fine, as I am! :smiley:

I succeeded:
Here is a video of how I treated the problem (copy paste the link in your browser) :
https://mega.nz/file/1PkXiYxB#8N9WIJN_GUvDV-2b8_2EqxR8CHJS29GC1P94-3hMt9E
Video hosted on my MEGA cloud account

You are really a very nice person @Alexandre, thank you for all!
Your help should be paid, if we look at its quality, but you helped me for free! Thank you!

Have a nice day!
Best wishes,
Hans.

Hello @Alexandre ,
I hope you’re still fine, as I am! :smiley:

I thank you from all of my heart for everything! :smiley:
My only problem (this is the last, I don’t want to disturb you) is that some of my posts have been flagged by the community:
for ads or promotional content, but I just said the truth about OnlyOffice, the only viable open source office suite, plus, I don’t understand how the 1st, the 7th, the 12th, the 13th, the 16th and the 18th posts in this thread have been flagged and hidden by the community.
I haven’t said something harmful, maybe I spoke too much, maybe my 1st question was rude, maybe a bot flagged my posts.
I need you help to understand why this happen, and in what my posts are bad, harmful or promotional.

Have a nice day!
Best wishes,
Hans.

Hello @hans
I have restored mentioned posts. It looks like discource spam filter blocked them by mistake.
Please accept our apologies.

1 Like

Hello @hans
I have seen your workaround solution (videofile from previous post), but I’m still thinking that we need to solve the situation.
I have discussed your case with colleagues, and probably the issue is related to cache folder of your desktop app.
Could you please run a test? Remove contents of this folder from your PC: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\ONLYOFFICE\DesktopEditors\data\cache
After that please re-install desktop editors and re-check the situation.

1 Like

Hello @Alexandre,
How are you?
I hope you’re very well! :smiley:

Here is a video of how I followed your instructions: video

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:
Best wishes,
Hans.

Hello @hans
Thank you, I’m fine.
Thank you for provided video. Do I understand it right, that you have removed cache folder > re-installed desktop editors > now English spellchecker works well?
Please clarify if something slipped my mind.

1 Like

Hello @Alexandre,
I’m happy you’re well! :smiley:
I simply removed cache folder > re-installed desktop editors > went to settings > put the “Spelling language detection” on disabled and clicked on apply.

Windows surely thinks I need French language, and as OO is a native C++ app, it follows Windows in thinking I need French language, it’s why I disabled the Spelling language detection option in the settings.
Result: OO worked since the beginning, but Windows thinks I need French, so the spelling language detection is in French.

If I disable the spelling language detection option, OO works with English spell checker, that’s all.
OO is perfect, I don’t have any problem now.

I just have some suggestions:

1. Save as picture option when right click on a shape, for docx or pptx
  2. Zoom out smaller than 50%
  3. Rounded tabs and borders everywhere
  4. More colorful icons (for the align icons, highlight icon in the word processor, or other icons representing features)
  5. PDF reader with highlighting features
  6. Option to include math or latin or grec symbols
  7. More available transitions for presentations
  8. More additional features on paid plans
  9. Colorful emojis either with normal fonts (like Arial or Calibri) or with emoji fonts (like Segoe UI emoji)

These are just suggestions, not demands :slight_smile: .

OO is the only online/offline open-source office suite that’s better than WPS or MS Office, it’s why it’s called OnlyOffice (I’m serious, that’s not a joke)

You’re not obligated to answer me (you’ve never been obligated :slight_smile: ), you can let this post unanswered and consider this thread as closed.
Thank you for everything!
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Have a nice day!
Best wishes,
Hans.

Hello @hans
We are glad that situation with spellchecker is solved. As for your ideas, we are working on some of them already.

Save as picture option when right click on a shape, for docx or pptx

This is your idea (internal tracknumber - 59446). We are planning to add it with v.7.3

Zoom out smaller than 50%

Internal number - 47433, we are working on it already, but unfortunately I can’t provide you with exact timeframes at the moment. I have added your request.

Rounded tabs and borders everywhere
More colorful icons (for the align icons, highlight icon in the word processor, or other icons representing features)

We will discuss it internally.

PDF reader with highlighting features

We are working to improve user experience with PDF files. I hope that one day we will implement it.

Option to include math or latin or grec symbols

Do you mean ‘Insert symbol’ feature? Please point me to symbols which you want to add there.

More available transitions for presentations

If it’s possible, please provide us with scenarios of desired transitions.

More additional features on paid plans

To be honest, I’m a little bit confused. Desktop editors is a free product. We don’t have any commercial plans on it. Please clarify your request.

Colorful emojis either with normal fonts (like Arial or Calibri) or with emoji fonts (like Segoe UI emoji)

Work is in progress (internal number - 55936).

1 Like

Hello @Alexandre,
How are you?
I’m (almost) sure and I hope you’re well!

I meant I would like and ‘Insert symbols’ feature, with angle symbols, perpendicular symbol or other symbols commonly used in geometry.
What I mean by more available transitions for presentations are more options like on the image:

transitions

I would also suggest more animations like in Powerpoint:
animations

Sorry for he paid plan: I don’t know what I was thinking about, as OO Desktop is FLOSS (free/libre open source software) and gratis (free of costs).

Anyway, OO is perfect, (I’m not exaggerating, :smiley: ) and will be more than perfect in future releases. MS Office and WPS Office (greatest OO counterparts) are useless (false: it’s worse).
I expect OO will be more used than LibreOffice (better UI & UX).

Have a nice day!
Best wishes,
Hans.

Thank you @Alexandre for your help! :smiley:
I can’t believe it: one of my favorites Word & Powerpoint features (save as picture on right click on shape) will be added in version 7.3!
Thank you!
I will wait version 8, 9, 10 and future releases knowing the Only good office suite will serve my needs better than I imagined (OO solves problems I didn’t know were problems).
Goodbye! :slight_smile:
Hans.

1 Like

Hello @hans

If it’s possible please point me to such feature (Insert symbols with angle symbols, perpendicular symbols, etc.) in other editor. I need a list of desired symbols to check the situation.
As for new transitions and animations, we are constantly working to improve the editor. Your request is collected, we will discuss it internally.

Thank you for your ideas!

Hello @Alexandre,
How are you?
I hope you’re very well!

I have such a feature in Word: I have to click on the “Insert” tab and I have to click “Symbol”, then, “More Symbols” and the “Special Characters” tab, I finally have to click “Insert”.

Wait a second… I am so sorry, I just had to click on the “Insert” tab in OO and to select the “Symbol” button (it looks like an Greek letter Omega sign).
I can’t believe it, thank you OO, and again, I am so sorry.

PS: my MEGA cloud links no longer work, as I am quitting this service (I thought it was open-source, but it is actually a weird proprietary thing). I can resend them to you if you me to do so.

Have a nice day!
Best wishes,
Hans.

Hello @hans
Thank you, I’m fine. I hope you are well too.

We are glad that you have managed this situation.

We had a long correspondence in this thread. If something slipped my mind, please point me to it.

Hello @hans
we have released v.7.3. We added to the new version your idea (internal track number - 59446 - ‘Save as picture option when right click on a shape’).
As for other mentioned suggestions\bugs, work is still in progress

Thank you @Alexandre for your answer!
How are you today?
Thank you to the OnlyOffice team. You are a vibrant community that I like.
You are incredibly efficient as a community and you even listen to your users to add new features. The FLOSS nature of OnlyOffice is the cherry on top of the cake. Only free/libre and open source software is good, and OnlyOffice respects its users (unlike MS Office and WPS spyware…).
OnlyOffice helped me to switch to GNU/Linux, as it is the only professional-level office suite available on GNU/Linux; plus, OnlyOffice has mobile apps, a great web app and tons of features. I’ll never forget how OnlyOffice made it easier for me to switch to GNU/Linux, it made me understand how much software freedom is important. OO is licensed under the AGPL v3, so that, if people fork it and distribute it via any type of network, it will remain free software, unlike with the GPL v3.
I’ll update to version 7.3 using Flatpak.
I have a last suggestion: I would like OO to introduce a multi-page view. When it is resized at a certain percentage, I would like to be able to view 2 page sat the same time. It is doable in FreeOffice: at a 90% zoom, I can see 2 pages. In MS Word, it is doable too.

PS:
As I’ve switched to GNU/Linux, I now use ParrotOS (a Kali-Linux like Debian fork).
OS version: Linux computer 6.0.0-12parrot1-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.0.12-1parrot1 (2023-01-12) x86_64 GNU/Linux
OO version: ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors version 7.2.1.36 (flatpak package) (I will switch to v 7.3)

Thank you for all of your answers and your kind help.
Have a nice day!
Goodbye.

Hello @hans
Thank you, I’m fine. And thank you for your kind words.

As for your new suggestion:

I have a last suggestion: I would like OO to introduce a multi-page view. When it is resized at a certain percentage, I would like to be able to view 2 page sat the same time. It is doable in FreeOffice: at a 90% zoom, I can see 2 pages. In MS Word, it is doable too.

We are working on it already, internal tracknumber - 35959. I’ve added your request to this suggestion. We will update this thread when we release this feature.