Edit Master Slides?

Hi there,

New to OnlyOffice and brand new to this community! Been using OnlyOffice for a while and so far very impressed. Question - does OnlyOffice support ‘Master Slides’ as with Microsoft PowerPoint? I am creating a few presentations but for the life of me cannot figure out how to edit the master slides, or whether this is supported at all.

Thanks,

Keith

2 Likes

Hello @keithvassallo
ONLYOFFICE doesn’t support Slide Master at the moment. We know about it and we are already working on it. I have added your request to internal suggestion (internal number - 45381). I will update this post when we have something to share.

1 Like

Thank you very much for taking note! Glad to hear you are working on it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

URGENT - Hi Team, any update on activating Master slide edit in OO?
This is becoming a deal-breaker for presentation focused work…

Note that ppt equivalent edits exist for all Office, GSuite, Apple slide systems:

MICROSOFT OFFICE POWERPOINT

GOOGLE SLIDES

APPLE MAC KEYNOTE (see linkedin learning)

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @amv
We’re still working on it. I will update this thread when we have something to share.
Sorry for the length of the situation.

1 Like

hi, yes this feature is very much expected

Hello @punkyard
I have added your request. We are still working on it. I will update this thread when we have something to share.

This important function is very much expected!

Hello @Irene
We are still working on the mentioned feature. We will update this thread once we have something to share.

Hello @Alexandre, thank you for your answer. It is encouraging to know that you work on modifying the master slides in OO. It is the last thing that would allow me to get rid of MS Powerpoint once and for all.

2 Likes

Well, it works at least with standalone Desktop Client on Windows 11!
Masterslides are editable!
Thanks for your work.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your work and for bringing this Feature (Master Slides). OnlyOffice is my GoTo Office in Linux and I really like design and usability!

But there are a few features, where I need an other officesuit and Master Slides was one of them. Thank you for continues updates to close these gaps.

One questions regarding missing features: I have the problem, that I need text-based animations (so an individual animation per bullet point) in presentations. And I think this doesnt work right now? Is this planed for the future? Also a referent mode for the presentation with notes, time, etc. These are the two points that hold me back to use OnlyOffice for presentations. For everything else Im really happy.

Hello @lionking102
Thank you for the kind words. We are working to build the product that meets all users’ needs.
As for your requests:

• text-based animations per bullet point
  • referent mode for the presentation

Do I understand it right that you have a slide with a few bullets and texts, and you want separate animations for each bullet?
Could you please point me to these features in other editors for the reference? This will help us to avoid misunderstanding and ensure our checks.

P.S. We recommend creating a separate topic for new requests, because this one is related to Master Slides feature only.

Hello @Alexandre
Thank you for your answer, really appreciate it.
I will create a new topic next time, thank you for this advice.

With animations per bulletpoint I mean this:

So with each click a new bullet point appears. Maybe other people don’t use it that often, but I need it all the time. AFAIK it is in all major Office-Suits. I know for sure for MS-Office, WPS-Office, LibreOffice, Softmaker Office.
Does this help avoid misunderstandings?

Thank you for your time! :slight_smile: