Data validation options?

Hey all -

We’re really excited to get our OnlyOffice Forms up and running, but I had some questions about these forms.

1. Firstly, do these forms work like Google Forms or Microsoft Forms, and allow us to spit responses sent TO these forms into a spreadsheet? Or do the responses simply go to a database, and simply allow us to export the data as a .csv or a .xlsx?
  2. Do we have data validation options that, for example, would allow us to input a value that, say, checked that the input was only numeric, or allowed us to input only numeric values that fell within a certain range, or matched a certain regex?

Hi @Short-Stay

1. Right now, we can’t group the answers and export them to txt or csv formats. I’ll be back later with a more detailed answer.

2. Did you mean this:
    Form Settings > Format
    None , Digits , Letters , Arbitrary Mask (the text shall correspond with the custom mask, e.g., (999) 999 99 99), Regular Expression (the text shall correspond with the custom expression)

1 Like

:+1:
Added a suggestion to internal tracksystem.

1 Like

This is all fantastic, you guys have done yeoman’s work with this office suite! We’re big fans.

1 Like

We’re a little curious about this response now that we’ve got our OnlyOffice instance set up:

Right now, we can’t group the answers and export them to txt or csv formats. I’ll be back later with a more detailed answer.

How does one retrieve submitted form data now? Is it just in the database? Do we need a database explorer or manual CLI export to get it?

Hey, @Short-Stay

Unfortunately, at the moment, we cannot save/export the filled form in .csv, .xlsx format.

We have registered an enhancement suggestion to export the filled form in .csv/.xlsx format in our internal tracking system.
But I can’t provide any timeframe for implementing this suggestion.

1 Like

There is a topic Onlyoffice form input to database
Maybe this will help you!

Well that’s lovely. Hopefully that will be implemented in a future release - it would ALSO be nice to specify a date range, since many users won’t want to download gazillions of records all the time every time, especially if they’re just trying to get the records submitted since the LAST time they downloaded the records, e.g. “show me the widget test results from last month”, etc.

And thanks for the link! I’ll check it out.