Copy formatting, formulas and data validation from table to autoexpanded rows

Do you want to: Suggest a feature / Ask a how-to question
Type of installation of the Document Server: rpm

Hi! First post here so please be nice! :wink:

It would be nice if the program could copy the formatting, formula, and data validation information etc. from the other rows when the table autoexpands as you add more rows to the table. Don’t know if this already is a feature of the program or not, but excel has had it for a long time. And it is a real burden to have to use excel just for that feature…

Best regards

Hello @unknown
Could you please provide us with test file and description of usage scenario? We would like to check it out.
Also, if it’s possible, please point us to mentioned feature in MS.

Hi! Sorry for the late reply but I haven’t been in from of my computer for a few days.

I’m attaching two files, one for excel and one for onlyoffice. If you open up both files in their respective program, and try to write two sixes below the fives you’ll see that excel will copy the formula to the new row, but Onlyoffice wont. The same goes for the data validation column, in excel you’ll see that on the new row you get a drop down in that column like you get on the rows above.
And lastly you’ll also see that if you try to write an integer in the custom number formatting column, that excel will add a bunch of zeros as I’ve formatted it like that. But the same goes here onlyoffice doesn’t copy this information to the next row.

Another thing that has been a little bit disturbing is that if I in excel select a few columns or rows and double click on the line between them to auto size them. Excel auto sizes all columns that I have selected but Onlyoffice only auto sizes the column that I did the double click on.

If you want something else just tell me and I will see what I can help out with! :slight_smile:

Couldn’t upload the xlsx files here, as the forum only seems to allow pictures. So I’ve uploded them to this share. They should be available for 30 days according to the host.

Best regards

Edit: Don’t know if it is necessary or not but I realised that I didn’t tag you, @Alexandre

Hello @unknown
I am glad that you came back with test files.

I’m attaching two files, one for excel and one for onlyoffice. If you open up both files in their respective program, and try to write two sixes below the fives you’ll see that excel will copy the formula to the new row, but Onlyoffice wont. The same goes for the data validation column, in excel you’ll see that on the new row you get a drop down in that column like you get on the rows above.
And lastly you’ll also see that if you try to write an integer in the custom number formatting column, that excel will add a bunch of zeros as I’ve formatted it like that. But the same goes here onlyoffice doesn’t copy this information to the next row.

I am able to reproduce it, we are checking the situation.

Another thing that has been a little bit disturbing is that if I in excel select a few columns or rows and double click on the line between them to auto size them. Excel auto sizes all columns that I have selected but Onlyoffice only auto sizes the column that I did the double click on.

To be honest, I’m not sure that I understand scenario right. Could you please record a video file with usage scenario?

Hello @unknown

We have checked described situations and we added a bug and suggestion to internal tracksystem (internal numbers: 43063 and 57648). We have started working on it.

Was there any outcome with that topic from mid of last year? I just ran into the same issue as well. I wanted to copy an existing data validation from one cell to a couple of cells with existing values. But there is no option in special paste for that and no other option achieves it. In Excel it works as expected.

Hello @tjareson
As far as I understand, you have faced the previously mentioned bug 57648 as topicstarter described: try to write two sixes below the fives you’ll see that excel will copy the formula to the new row, but Onlyoffice wont.
Unfortunately, we are still working on the mentioned bug. I will update this thread when we have something to share.

I have made an account just for this topic. When I add new rows on top of my documents, all data goes down as it should, but I lose data validation in whole sheet. This is crucial for my business spreadsheets and at this moment I can’t use Onlyoffice because of this. I am leaving this message here and turning on notification to know when I can come back to Onlyoffice. Thanks.

Hello @Bardak
I have tried to reproduce it, but without success. I created a simple xlsx file with data validation on a few cells. When I added a row above these cells, data validation still worked.
I understand your concerns, but I need the exact issue scenario and test file as well. This way we will be able to take a closer look at it.
So far, it seems that you have different scenario than the topicstarter.

Hi @Alexandre,
I am a new user so I can’t upload attachments. I am using Docspace so here is the link to the room with document.
Test room
And a YouTube video with example.
Youtube Video

Hi @Alexandre,

Have you been able to replicate the issue?

If you need any additional information I am at your disposal.

Hey, @Bardak

I’ll take the initiative here :saluting_face:
As far as I know, Alexandre is a bit busy right now, so now I am at your service. :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

Yes, the issue has been reproduced. I will keep you updated on any progress.
A big thank you for the video. It significantly simplifies the process of reproducing the problem.

Thanks @Nikolas

I will wait for an update, at this moment this is the only thing we need to switch everything we do on Office 365 for Onlyoffice. And we are looking forward for that day :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

1 Like

@Bardak

We have created a bug report for the issue you encountered.

Additionally, as a workaround, you can add rows/columns through the menu.

Hi, any news about this?
I didn’t see that this was fixed in the last update.
Workarounf that you mentioned is not working all the time.

@Bardak
Unfortunately, there is no update yet regarding the fix for this issue.