Building desktop editors for ARM64 Linux, possible?

Hello @eduarfi :hugs:
Added you!

1 Like

Hi Nikolas,

Thank you so much for the support. I’m also interested in.

Best Regards,

1 Like

Hey @paucres :handshake:
Which ARM-based device are you using?

Hello there, I’m also very interested in ARM support for linux. I’m using macbook Air M1 with Fedora Asahi.
Can somebody say should I wait for it? This thread was created about one year ago but still no any news from development team.

hi @Iori :wave:

I’ll check with my colleagues and get back to you with an answer. Also, I’ve included you (@Iori and @paucres )

Another vote for aarch64. Generally I use Fedora on ARM64 VMs. I like integration of system-level install but am totally cool with idea of flatpak for less distribution friction :slight_smile:

1 Like

@auslander @Iori
Added you. :handshake:

We have plans to add Linux Arm build.
Guys, we’ll try to add Linux Arm build by version 8.1, but there’s a chance of version migration.

2 Likes

Hey there, Asahi Linux user, just created an account to show interest for an ARM64 build for the desktop editors

2 Likes

@First_Thunder

Hello, Asahi Linux user! Welcome aboard!
Added you. :handshake:

Hello! Also interested in the Linux arm64 version of ONLYOFFICE Desktop editor. I’m currently using Debian 12 environment on my Chromebook, which is powered by the Snapdragon 7c gen 2 ARM chip.

Thank you team for the hard work!

1 Like

I’m using Armbian on my Orange Pi 5 Plus.

1 Like

@cristianapas @Liyuu

You’ve also been added to the interested users list.

Unfortunately, I got some disappointing news.
The ONLYOFFICE Desktop build for ARM won’t be implemented by version 8.1.

1 Like

Can we expect a build in future versions?

@First_Thunder
Yes, of course, in future versions, we plan to release ONLYOFFICE Desktop for ARM.
However, unfortunately, the release dates are still unknown.

1 Like

Asahi Linux + OnlyOffice (arm) would be a dream!

2 Likes

Hello @tav :wave:

Added you!

1 Like

Longtime OnlyOffice user on MacOS and Ubuntu Linux. Currently dual-booting MacBook Pro (arm64) with Asahi Linux. OnlyOffice Desktop Editor is one of the few things that requires me to reboot back over to MacOS throughout the day. So, +1 for arm64. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that you like our application. Thank you, we strive to do our best.
I would love to provide you with a timeline, but unfortunately, we don’t have any information on that at the moment.

(Added you!)

Hi! Using Libreoffice for several years. OnlyOffice seems the only office suite that can replace it!!! I really like it! Keep in the good job! Regarding arm64 I run manjaro via termux in an android tablet (samsung tab s7fe) It would be perfect if I could install onlyoffice!

2 Likes

Hi Nikolas,

I’m using a Lenovo Duet 3.

Sorry for the delay.

1 Like