Working on a multilingual document

Report a bug
OS version:
Kernel: 5.15.0-75-generic x86_64 bits
Desktop: Cinnamon 5.6.8
Linux Mint 21.1 Vera base: Ubuntu 22.04 jammy
App version:
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors версия 7.4.0.163 (deb)
Downloaded from: ONLYOFFICE website

I’m having a few issues when I’m working on a multilingual document.

When another person makes edits and the language of the edit does not match my language selection, then all edits do not accept the language of the document as the language of the added word. For example, a word is added in Spanish and on a Spanish keyboard layout, but in my document this word appears as English, and naturally appears underlined as being misspelled. Trying to change the language of the entire text (in the example above: CTRL+A and choosing Spanish as the main language) causes the language selection menu to freeze. At least this happens on large texts, while there is more than enough memory in my computer. Selecting the language of the document using the globe button doesn’t work either.

Another problem is that text cannot be pasted as unformatted text (so that the pasted text takes on the formatting of its text environment). This could partially solve the above problem.
How could be resolved this issue?

Note. The Flatpak version I used earlier had the same problem.

Hello @Jorge

Please specify some more details:

• how collaborative editing is achieved;
  • if it happens to one particular file or any of them.

Please check out Paste Special feature. It works in every editor: document, spreadsheet and presentation.