When I click a file in desktop app, it is not opened in desktop app but in web browser

Do you want to: Ask a how-to question
OS version: macOS 10.14.6
App version: 6.4.1 and 7.0.1
Downloaded from: ONLYOFFICE website

Currently, the onlyoffice is installed on the nextcloud server which I hosted, and the onlyoffice desktop app is mainly used to access the server and open the file.

However, when I open a file stored on the server in the desktop app, sometimes it is opened within the desktop app, but sometimes a new web browser is launched. So it’s annoying every time.

I don’t know why this happens. First of all I want to keep it open in the desktop app directly, what is the solution to this problem?

Hello @osman
I have tried to reproduce the issue on macOS 11.6 (Desktop app v.7.0.1), but without success. Is it possible to provide us with videofile where you are reproducing the issue?

Okay.

I recorded the reproducing process.

But, it seems that there is no the option to upload an mp4 file in this forum.

So, I uploaded it by the following link.

Please take a look at the video and hope you give me the advice to solve this problem.

Thank you for your interest.

Sadly, I can’t reproduce the issue. Is Desktop app set as default app for xlsx files? Right click on a file > Get info > Open with - please check it out.
Also could you please try to reinstall the app just for a test?

Of course, I also did the reinstalling. If this kind of proposal is the best, I don’t think we can expect any more.

For reference, if I select a file in the recommended file on the initial screen as shown in the figure below, it opens normally in the desktop app.

However, as in the screenshot above, this phenomenon occurs when opening a folder and selecting a file.

Please try the following steps:

1. Logout and ‘Remove from list’ your Nextcloud account from Desktop app.
  2. Remove the cache folder. It’s located here: /users/*user/Library/Application Support/asc.onlyoffice.ONLYOFFICE/data/cache
  3. Launch desktop app again > connect to Nextcloud portal.

Please let us know the result.

It solved!

A problem that had been bothering me for a long time is solved.

For reference, when I opened a file that was still on the ‘Recent files’, the browser reopened. (I’m curious as to why this happens again.)

So, after clearing them all, the newly listed files were all executed within the desktop app.

Thanks, I think it will be easy to use. Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day!

1 Like