What data is stored in all of the databases used by OnlyOffice Workspace?

Community Server/Control Panel version: 12.1.1194
Type of installation of Workspace (docker, deb/rpm, exe): exe
Browser version: Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)

Hello again, I am installing OnlyOffice Community Server / Workspace in a government organization and they had this query regarding OnlyOffice. I need some information about the tables in postgres and mysql as well as redis data. And also if there is some developer manual, since there is only source code on github without much of implementation details (I wish to contibute as well :slightly_smiling_face:). Thanks

Hello @OnlyOfficeTester!

Regarding the databases used in OnlyOffice Workspace, here’s some information:

• MySQL is utilized to store data related to document management and collaboration. This may include details about users, projects, documents, document versions, and metadata such as the author, date of creation, and any comments or annotations.

• Redis is used to keep information about editing sessions, including the connection ID, username, document keys, and license information.

• PostgreSQL is a powerful and flexible relational database that is utilized to store data for more complex or data-intensive applications within OnlyOffice Workspace, such as project management and reporting features, and information about user activity and document usage.

Note: We do not have any public guides for working with databases and we do not recommend that users make any changes within these databases on their own. This can cause potential harm to the database and its data.

We also have a special API website for OnlyOffice developers - https://api.onlyoffice.com/.

Hope this helps!