Version restore doesn't work

Unfortunately, in clean Edge with DevTools cache disabled and cleaned cookies everything reproduces as well.

Everything works just fine not in groupfolders btw.

Hello @ntoponen
I have rechecked my test server, and strange thing, I’m able to reproduce the issue as you described on videofile.
We need sometime to check that situation and discuss it internally. I’ll update this thread when we have something to share.

Hello @Alexandre
I did some research myself and here are my thoughts.

It looks like file key is not changed when restoring any previous version. Config, which is passed from connector app to document server (when opening document), contains the same file key (as not restored version), and document server doesn’t download the file from file storage, instead it returns cached Editor.bin from the file key folder.

Maybe I’m wrong here, but it definetly looks like caching somewhere on document server side.

I’ve fixed this issue by adding line that looks like this:

KeyManager::delete($version->getSourceFile()->getId());

to the Groupfolders app → lib → Versions → VersionsBackend.php → rollback method

This means that onlyoffice app hooks are not working with groupfolders files for some reason. Any ideas why this happens and how it can be fixed?

Hello @ntoponen
We have added described scenario to internal tracksystem and we have started working on it. It looks like there’s difference in the logic of file storing between Group Folders and default ones. I will notify you when we release a fix for this situation.

Hi.

I would like to ask is there is any work around that fix problem with versions on groupfolders (or how can i apply fix proposed by ntoponen. I opened file VersionBackend.php and found rollback method but I do not know where exactly should i put proposed line to not break something)?

I installed Ubuntu Server with snap nextcloud 25.0.3.snap2 (onlyoffice connector 7.6.8) and onlyoffice-ds 7.2.2.

Version history works fine in home folder but not in groupfolder.

Hello @akhkharu
We’re working with Nextcloud team to resolve the situation. When we have something to share, we will update this topic.

I just ran into this today on onlyoffice docker container version tag 7.4.1.1 and nextcloud 27. Was there anything determined when working with Nextcloud?

Hello @disgustipated
The described in this thread situation is related to Groupfolders app. We are still working on it and I will update this thread when we have something to share.

Thank you so much for the response. Great to hear. If it makes any difference I do not have the group folders app installed or enabled in my nextcloud instance. I can assist with testing as well if needed, I am a single user and I am able to snapshot my instances. Are there any public github repo conversations I missed about this?

If it makes any difference I do not have the group folders app installed or enabled in my nextcloud instance.

This way, we have to take a closer look at the situation. Would you mind describing the issue as detailed as possible? You can record a videofile while you are reproducing the situation. Additionally, please let us know your connector app version.

Hi there,

I`m facing the same problem with Nextcloud group folders: restore does not work at all.
The Nextcloud connector is 7.9.4, Nextcloud is 25.1.3 and Only Office server is 7.5.1.23.
Is there any news about some solution? I couldn’t find any on this forum or on the Internet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Hello @gc.sysop

Unfortunately, there is an issue in Group Folders app for Nextcloud 25 and lower that causes such issues. It was fixed in versions Nextcloud 27 and higher with actual version of the connector app.

Thank you for the answer @Constantine
I’ll update both Nextcloud and OnlyOffice instalations and come back with my results.

1 Like

@Constantine
Unfortunately, still not working.
Nextcloud is 28.01, app Office Connector is 9.0.0, app Group Folders is 16.03 and Only Office server is 7.5.1-23.
Even on a new group folder, created from scratch, the behaviour is the same.
Could the SO be the problem? I’m trying a Debian 11 (bullseye) installed on a Proxmox container.
Perhaps a fresh install of Only Office in Docker would be a better solution?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

I will check the situation again. Will update the thread once any news come up.

1 Like