Use wildcards in find and replace

OS version: Linux Manjaro
App version: 7.2.1.36 (flatpak)

I’m needing to remove some data from certain cells in my spreadsheet so that the cells can be sorted properly. All extraneous data is contained within brackets. Is there a way to use the find and replace function with wildcards?

For instance, my data within a given cell looks something like this:
Data to keep [Data to remove] Data to keep

I would like to remove everything contained within the brackets and the brackets themselves. I’ve tried both using both * and #, with no luck.

Hello @Gquirt
We are checking the situation. I will update this thread when we have something to share.

Hello @Gquirt
Unfortunately, there’s no way to search and replace via wildcards at the moment. We though about it earlier and we have added your request to internal tracksystem (internal number - 37455).
Meanwhile, probably this workaround solution will be useful. You can try to use ‘Next to columns’ feature to separate unnecessary data, after that you can run CONCATENATE to unite desired parts of data. I’ve prepared a short demonstration: Monosnap

Please accept our apologies for this situation. When we have any news about suggestion 37455, I will update this thread.

1 Like