Upgrade of Onlyoffice-documenserver not working

Hello
I have a VM with Ubuntu 22.04, Openresty (instead of nginx), nextcloud and onlyoffice-document server.

Everything works fine, but I would like to pass to Ubuntu 24.04.
To do it I need to upgrade all package and onlyoffice-documentserver is one of them.

With an apt updte / apt upgrade, I get en error in onlyoffice-documentserver upgrade with the error in the --configure part.

I try to put latest version of onlyoffice-documentserver with the script “docs-install.sh”. (so it seem’s with .deb update.
It did not works neither

Same error :

dpkg: error processing package onlyoffice-documentserver (–configure):
installed onlyoffice-documentserver package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1

What do you suggest ?

• remove onlyoffice and upgrade to 24.04 and install it again?
  • try to upgrade it in 22.04

Any idea where the error could be with this errro message?
Is it link with the fact that onlyoffice works with nginx ?
Do I need to stop openresty, launch nginx during the install?

I have tested the solution to “stop openresty, start nginx, update onlyoffice-documentserver, stop nginx, start openresty”

And it works …
So I can consider this subject as closed, even if know the upgrade to 24.04 is stuck because of rabbitmq-server upgrade

Unable to upgrade to Ubuntu 24.04 LTS

Currently, you have RabbitMQ server installed, which is not directly
upgradable to the newer version.

But it is another story :slight_smile:

Hi @ewok2 :wave:

Thanks for the update! It’s great to hear that you were able to resolve the issue by temporarily switching between OpenResty and Nginx during the OnlyOffice update.

If you’d like to discuss the RabbitMQ issue further, feel free to create a separate topic and reference this one for context. :upside_down_face:

For more information on updating ONLYOFFICE Docs, you can also refer to the Official Guide on Updating ONLYOFFICE Docs Community Edition for Linux.

I search a little and find the way to upgrade rabbitMQ manualy befor pass to 24.04.
Everythings works now perfectly under 24.04
Onlyoffice
Nextcloud and Openresty

Will see in 26.04 if the nginx / openrety swith is still necessary :wink:

1 Like