Cloud Computing Insider Awards 2022: Vote for ONLYOFFICE
Vote for ONLYOFFICE

Uncomfortable with the touchpad

Do you want to: Suggest a feature
OS version: Win10 x64
App version: 7.1.1.57
Downloaded from: ONLYOFFICE website

Hi. I often use spreadsheets on my laptop. Heck, I’m not comfortable with the touchpad!

1. I don’t like that scrolling happens line by line (this applies to the mouse too). Scrolling should be smooth, not jerky like it is now.

2. I don’t like it when I scroll with two fingers - I can scroll horizontally and vertically at the same time.
    It should be like in other applications:
    – If I start scrolling horizontally - I can only scroll horizontally;
    – If I start scrolling vertically - I can only scroll vertically;
    – If I start scrolling diagonally - I can scroll in both directions.

3. Zooming with two fingers is terrible. It should be smooth, like Google Chrome. Right now it’s sodden, 10% at a time.

What I mean to say is that you should make the gesture controls as convenient and nice as in Google Chrome. For me personally, it would be a huge plus.

Hello @jefix
We are checking described scenarios. I will update this post when we have something to share.

I’m not sure, but Microsoft Office seems to work fine with gestures. I think you can take it as a reference point.

I’ve also noticed that when using scrollbars, scrolling happens line by line as well. It’s not very noticeable when you’re working with small cells. But when it comes to larger cells - I experience disorientation when scrolling.

We have reproduced described situations and we found match with known bugs (35694, 18248). Also we added a new one (internal number - 58256).
We are working on it. I will update this post when we have something to share.

1 Like