Uncomfortable with the touchpad

Do you want to: Suggest a feature
OS version: Win10 x64
App version: 7.1.1.57
Downloaded from: ONLYOFFICE website

Hi. I often use spreadsheets on my laptop. Heck, I’m not comfortable with the touchpad!

1. I don’t like that scrolling happens line by line (this applies to the mouse too). Scrolling should be smooth, not jerky like it is now.

2. I don’t like it when I scroll with two fingers - I can scroll horizontally and vertically at the same time.
    It should be like in other applications:
    – If I start scrolling horizontally - I can only scroll horizontally;
    – If I start scrolling vertically - I can only scroll vertically;
    – If I start scrolling diagonally - I can scroll in both directions.

3. Zooming with two fingers is terrible. It should be smooth, like Google Chrome. Right now it’s sodden, 10% at a time.

What I mean to say is that you should make the gesture controls as convenient and nice as in Google Chrome. For me personally, it would be a huge plus.

Hello @jefix
We are checking described scenarios. I will update this post when we have something to share.

I’m not sure, but Microsoft Office seems to work fine with gestures. I think you can take it as a reference point.

I’ve also noticed that when using scrollbars, scrolling happens line by line as well. It’s not very noticeable when you’re working with small cells. But when it comes to larger cells - I experience disorientation when scrolling.

We have reproduced described situations and we found match with known bugs (35694, 18248). Also we added a new one (internal number - 58256).
We are working on it. I will update this post when we have something to share.

1 Like

Hi, is there any new info on the issue?
I’ve recently started using ONLYOFFICE (on MacOS) and experienced the exact same problems as described by the reporter. The disorientation is a big issue. Although I can see the use-case for keyboard-centric users, showing a spreadsheet during a presentation is much better with a smooth transition (visually and for keeping context).
Thanks you.

Hello @jindradev
Do you mean scrolling via touchpad? We are working on the mentioned bug and we will update this thread when we have something to share.

1 Like

Yes, I meant especially a touchpad. However even with a mouse I would prefer a way to move by a small(-er) step.
A) Users sometimes create very big cells for description/notes and there are use-cases when I want to e.g. compare said cells and they do not fit.
B) To my knowledge “snap-to-grid” brings no benefit outside of being “snappy” and “aligned” - not the most important features.
Thank you for the feedback, I will be excitedly awaiting the news :star_struck:

1 Like

Any idea on how to fix it? Basically, document scrolling is not smooth. Thank you.

Hello @michael.gao
Do you mean the described issue with touchpad scrolling? We are still working on it, I will update this thread when we have something to share.
Sorry for inconvenience.

I was using iPhone so touchscreen as the issue shows more obvious on a mobile phone than on a MacBook to me. Basically similar to what others described, when I quickly scroll down the document, the browser first shows blank pages and then starts filling/displaying content page by page. This is very different from Google drive on browser which shows the whole document like a single page, very smooth and no blank display while scrolling. Thank you.

Dear @michael.gao
This thread is related to Desktop Editors and specific, described by topic starter, scenarios. If you face an issue with another product\scenario, it’s better to create a separate topic to avoid any confusions in reports within this thread.
Please create a separate topic and provide us with details. If it’s possible, please record a video file and let us know the exact version of your device and the ONLYOFFICE app.