Unable to restore portal data on another server

Do you want to: Report a bug OR Ask a how-to question

For bug reports, provide the steps to reproduce and if possible a minimal demo of the problem:
I wanted to test the restore before going to production.

I did not succeed in restoring from the backup done from the control panel on the source server. (i.e. the restore process seems to go well on the target, but at the end I do not find any user nor document).
I then restored the mysql source db on the target, and again, no sahred document on my target machine.
Both servers are on the same version of onlyoffice and OS.

Community Server 11.5.4.1582 /Control Panel version 3.0.2.395
Type of installation of Workspace (docker, deb/rpm, exe) deb with the script workspace-install.sh
Browser version: chrome Version 96.0.4664.45 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

Hello guymarc.

Does this folder contain any files after restore process is finished?

/var/www/onlyoffice/Data/Products/Files/

i.e. the restore process seems to go well on the target, but at the end I do not find any user nor document

Have you logged in to the portal under an account from the old server when restore process is finished?

I then restored the mysql source db on the target, and again, no sahred document on my target machine.

The backup file created in Control Panel already contains the required MySQL DB tables. Trying to use only MySQL dump without the files themselves will get no result.

Could you please reproduce the issue (restore backup file on the new server) and after that provide us with whole Community server logs. It’s located here: /var/log/onlyoffice/

Trying many things, my target server is now a mess.
I will do a clean install and come back with the expected information.
Thank you

I did not mention that my target is running on a virtualbox VM

Does this folder contain any files after restore process is finished?

/var/www/onlyoffice/Data/Products/Files/
Looks like it doesn’t

source:
debian@collab:~$ ls root@osboxes:/var/log# ls -l /var/www/onlyoffice/Data/Products/Files/
ls: cannot access ‘root@osboxes:/var/log#’: No such file or directory
ls: cannot access ‘ls’: No such file or directory
/var/www/onlyoffice/Data/Products/Files/:
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 3 onlyoffice onlyoffice 4096 Nov 25 09:09 00
drwxr-xr-x 3 onlyoffice onlyoffice 4096 Nov 25 09:20 default
debian@collab:~$ ls root@osboxes:/var/log# ls -l /var/www/onlyoffice/Data/Products/Files/00/00/01/folder_1000/
ls: cannot access ‘root@osboxes:/var/log#’: No such file or directory
ls: cannot access ‘ls’: No such file or directory
/var/www/onlyoffice/Data/Products/Files/00/00/01/folder_1000/:
total 384
drwxr-xr-x 3 onlyoffice onlyoffice 4096 Nov 25 09:09 file_1
drwxr-xr-x 3 onlyoffice onlyoffice 4096 Nov 25 09:48 file_10
drwxr-xr-x 3 onlyoffice onlyoffice 4096 Nov 25 09:48 file_11
drwxr-xr-x 3 onlyoffice onlyoffice 4096 Nov 25 09:48 file_12
[…]
drwxr-xr-x 3 onlyoffice onlyoffice 4096 Dec 2 15:59 file_94
drwxr-xr-x 3 onlyoffice onlyoffice 4096 Dec 2 15:59 file_95
drwxr-xr-x 3 onlyoffice onlyoffice 4096 Dec 2 15:59 file_96

target:
root@osboxes:/var/log# ls -l /var/www/onlyoffice/Data/Products/Files/
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 3 onlyoffice onlyoffice 4096 Dec 8 13:42 00
root@osboxes:/var/log# ls -l /var/www/onlyoffice/Data/Products/Files/00/00/01/folder_1000/
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 3 onlyoffice onlyoffice 4096 Dec 8 13:42 file_1

Have you logged in to the portal under an account from the old server when restore process is finished?
When the installation is complete, I log in creating the adminstrator account, and TZ parameters, and then procced with the restore process.
I get a message of success.

I then logout,
And no, I cannot login with a user from the source instance.

Could you please reproduce the issue (restore backup file on the new server) and after that provide us with whole Community server logs. It’s located here: /var/log/onlyoffice/

I compressed all logs in a file here

Thanks for your help

Hello,
I didn’t notice issues in provided logs. Let’s take a look at source server. Could you please make a new backup file and send us svcBackup.log after that.

Hello,
After the backup, there is nothing in the log but a old (12/6) mysql communication problem record.
I explored the backup file, and everything needed seems to be inside, my users, my groups, my files.

Hello,
Please clarify if you changed core.machinekey value on the target server before restoring backup file as it is described here: Using the Control Panel backup/restore feature - ONLYOFFICE
One more thing. Is it possible to provide us with whole Community Server logs folder from source server?

Please clarify if you changed core.machinekey value on the target server before restoring backup file as it is described here: Using the Control Panel backup/restore feature - ONLYOFFICE

Sorry but I did not.
But they are the same, set to what looks like a default value: “Vskoproizvolny Salt par Chivreski”

And BTW, I did not find easily the file TeamlabSvc.exe.Config: the right speeling is TeamLabSvc.exe.config

One more thing. Is it possible to provide us with whole Community Server logs folder from source server?

If there is a way to share only with you, no problem. There are email adresses I would not wat to become public

Thanks for the link. That worked for me!

1 Like

[SOLVED]

Everything is now OK.
I am a bit ashamed, because it looks like the bug was between the screen and the keyboard.
When you try to restore from filesystem, ther is first an operation likely to be an import of the file and then you must click the restore button, which I did not do.
If I do, everything goes well !

You can see on the screenshot why I did not.
After the import, you can read a green message telling you the operation succeeded.
But the restore process did not even begin.

Thank you very much alexander for your help and the quality of the support.

2 Likes