ONLYOFFICE Docs v6.4 with conditional formatting, new scaling options, and WOPI protocol support
ONLYOFFICE Docs v6.4 released

Unable to create or edit documents

Just installed Workspace CE on Windows 2016. Successfully made initial configuration. I can access all portal modules. In Documents module I see several folders and sample documents. But there is no editing option or anything like “edit” button, I can only download documents by clicking on them. The “Create” button also has only one option “New folder”. I thought the editing capability is built-in into the workspace CE. Isn’t it? Do I need to configure enything extra to make it available? Or maybe I need to download Docs CE separately to get editing functionality?
Thank you.

Hello Kyrill.
Workspace should work out-of-the-box smootly. Please point me to the guide which you used for installation process. Also please provide us with additional information:

1. Go to \Programs and Features\ and make a screenshot of installed ONLYOFFICE components
  2. Go to your portal > settings > Integration > Document Service > make a screenshot of this page.

I used this guide Installing ONLYOFFICE Workspace for Windows on a local server - ONLYOFFICE
Actually, I just launched the installer executable and always hit NEXT> , Also, there were one or two reboots meanwhile.
Here are the screenshots:

Ooops, Couldn’t attach more that one screenshot. This is the second one.Image 2

Hello Kyrill.

It’s a little bit strange since I don’t see ONLYOFFICE Document server is installed on your screenshot. This is the issue.

Please check Control Panel > Update. Is there an opportunity to install Document server?

Yes. there was an option to install/update the document server. I installed it, but still couldn’t make editing work after that. I guess that’s because of incorrect control panel settings.
So I uninstalled all Onlyoffice apps, dropped the PostgreSQL database, cleaned the app folder and reinstalled OO Workspace CE. Now creating/editing works.
There is another minor problem - the pre-installed sample documents can’t be downloaded (404 error) or edited (“Loading Error. Please press “OK” to return back”). But I can successfully create and edit new docs. I just deleted the samples, that’s all.
Thanks for help.

BTW, correct settings for document service (imstalled on localhost) are following: