Typing € in spreadsheets on a German Keyboard

Hi there,

I am typing on a German Keyboard, where Ctrl+Alt+E normally gives me the € (EUR) symbol. I can type € just fine in a text document, but nothing happens when I try to enter it as a text value in a cell in a spreadsheet. Instead, I have to use Alt+0128. My best guess is, the program thinks I am trying to use a keyboard shortcut… is there a way around this?

OS version: Windows 10 Pro 21H2
App version: 7.1.0
Downloaded from: ONLYOFFICE website

Hello @John-SAK
Please clarify your idea. Do you want to use the same keyboard combination in xlsx file as in docx for € symbol?

Dear Alexandre,
Thanks for the reply — yes, I would like to be able to type Ctrl+Alt+E for the € symbol. Is it possible?

Similarly, on a German Keyboard, the following inputs typically give the follwing symbols:

Ctrl+Alt+2 = ²
Ctrl+Alt+3 = ³
Ctrl+Alt+7 = {
Ctrl+Alt+8 = [
Ctrl+Alt+9 = ]
Ctrl+Alt+0 = }
Ctrl+Alt+ß = backslash
Ctrl+Alt+Q = @
Ctrl+Alt+M = µ
Ctrl+Alt++ = ~

Similar to the issue with Ctrl+Alt+E, the above keyboard shortcuts return the correct symbols in docs, but do nothing in spreadsheets.

*Correction: Ctrl+Alt++ is the keyboard shortcut for =SUM(

We added a bug about € symbol situation to internal tracksystem (internal number - 57410). We need some time to discuss it internally.
As for the second situation:

Ctrl+Alt+2 = ²
Ctrl+Alt+3 = ³
Ctrl+Alt+7 = {
Ctrl+Alt+8 = [
Ctrl+Alt+9 = ]
Ctrl+Alt+0 = }
Ctrl+Alt+ß = backslash
Ctrl+Alt+Q = @
Ctrl+Alt+M = µ
Ctrl+Alt++ = ~

Similar to the issue with Ctrl+Alt+E, the above keyboard shortcuts return the correct symbols in docs, but do nothing in spreadsheets.

I’m not sure that I understood you right. Are these shortcuts examples from other editor?

Dear Alexandre,
It is just how you type on a German keyboard, these shortcuts work in every program. It is much the same way that on a US English keyboard, SHIFT+m = M or SHIFT+4 = $.

On German keyboards you also have ALTGR (where the right-ALT is) which can be used instead of CTRL+ALT in these situations. So, ALTGR+E = €. All of the ALTGR shortcuts work in spreadsheets.

Thank you for described situation. I have added information to mentioned bug. We have started working o it.