Tasks in the calendar, the task date will change after completion

Do you want to: Report a bug

problem: 日历中的任务,在完成后任务日期会改变

Community Server/Control Panel version: 12.6.0.1900

Type of installation of Workspace (docker, deb/rpm, exe, please point us to the installation guide that you used as well):docker

Browser version: Microsoft Edge 版本 126.0.2592.61 (正式版本) (arm64)

步骤:

1. 在日历中 2024 年 06 月 19 日的日期上建立一个“任务”
  2. 将任务标记为已完成

结果:

发现任务自动移动到了 2024 年 06 月 18 日的日期上。

Steps:

Create a “task” on the date of June 19, 2024 in the calendar

Mark the task as completed

Result:

Found that the task automatically moved to the date of June 18, 2024.

Hello @touma

I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue according to the provided description. What was done:

1. Opened Calendar module;
  2. Created To-do task for today;
  3. Saved it;
  4. Pressed Mark as done for newly created task.

After these steps task remains on the same date. Am I missing something?

Please try reproducing the issue in any other browser and let me know. By the way, can you provide a video demonstration for better visual understanding?

Hi @Constantine
I uploaded a demo video, in which you can see that I created a task in the square for June 24th. When I marked the task as completed, the task automatically moved to June 23rd, which is incorrect. The task should stay on June 24th when marked as completed

Thank you for the video. This is quite weird as I still can’t reproduce this issue. I’ve asked to check the situation in any other browser, did you manage to reproduce it there too?

I can still reproduce the issue in the Safri browser, is this related to the Simplified Chinese environment I am using?

Or is it related to the time zone I chose? I chose Asia/Shanghai

Are you referring to Settings > Common > Customization > Language and Time Zone Settings? I’ve tried setting these ones, as well as the interface language - in any case I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue.

Are you using any browser extensions or VPN that might affect your connection to the portal when reproducing the issue?

I can still reproduce the issue using 360 Speed Browser, which has no installed plugins, including Safari browser without any proxy-related plugins. I also disconnected from the company’s VPN and turned off system proxies, but the issue still persists.

I also used the X86 Windows PC at home to try to reproduce the issue, but the problem still exists. It seems that this is not caused by MacOS system or ARM chip.

My installation and deployment environment is an X86 Windows 11 PC at home, using Hyper-V virtual machine to install CentOS and deploying ONLYOFFICE through Docker with a one-click installation script.

Do you have any users on the portal that might check if the behavior reproduces for them too? In general, it’d be handy to check out the issue on your portal so, if possible, I am asking for a test account.

Hello @touma

Thank you for sharing access to run some tests. I was able to reproduce the issue, even though the behavior differs for me. On your video every first edit to the task results in its date change backwards, however, during my tests there was no such consistency: after several retries, approx. 3-4, to mark/unmark as done, task was changing days within several attempts and randomly, i.e. sometimes when marking as done, sometimes when unmarking.

I went even further and found out that on my personal test portal it takes even more retires - about 7-8 to make the first day change.

Anyway, we will analyze this behavior and I will let you know if we find anything.

Eventually, we have found out that time stamps of actions with task in Calendar reduces when marking task as done and unmarking it which causes the task to shift to one day before its actual date.

Thank you very much for all details that you’ve provided and reporting it after all.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.