Syntax for referencing current row value by column name?

In Excel data tables, you can very easily reference values within the current row by their column names using the following syntax:

=[@number] * [@price]

That makes formulas very clear and readable when you don’t need to type specific cell numbers, letters.

However, when I’m trying that syntax in OO, I just get “Error while parsing the formula”.

So, is it possible to somehow reference values by column names in OO? And is there any compatibility chart between formula syntax in Excel vs OO?

Links to Excel formula syntax:

1 Like

Hello @midvok
Would you mind providing us with a test file and step-by-step description about how to reproduce the situation? We would like to take a closer look at it.

OnlyOffice displays Excel spreadsheets with the preceding formula the following way:

=Table1[[#This Row],[number]] * Table1[[#This Row],[price]]

But you can also use the following shorthand:

=Table1[[@],[number]] * Table1[[@],[price]]

What you can’t do is omit the table name and use the original @ syntax.

This Hasn’t Worked for me. It show a Internal error analising formula. Instead of , I had to use ; Than it worked.

=Table1[[#This Row];[number]] * Table1[[#This Row];[price]]

tested on version 7.4.0.163 (deb)

The topic starter hasn’t provided the test file and exact scenario for a long time, so I’m not sure that it is correct to continuing this tread open. @Fedora thank you for the provided sample, but I still need details from topic starter for proper troubleshooting.
@thomasesr please bear in mind that v.7.4 is outdated. Please update your installation to v.8.0. If you face any issues on the latest version, please create a separate topic.