Sometimes the app crashes when loading a file and it freezes when trying to save files

When opening a file, it will say “preparing to open” but then it either just goes back to the app’s main screen or crashes without an error message. After that happens, if I try to open the file again, I’m given the option to “try to restore to previous changes” and if I select yes it will open the file. However, once the file is open I am unable to save the file because it just freezes.

Hello @faxeneda

Could you please provide more info on the issue:

• What is the version of the ONLYOFFICE app?
  • Does it happen to any files or a specific one?
  • What is the type and model of the device on which the issue occurs?
  • Could you record a video demonstration of the problem?

Waiting for your feedback.

The version of the app is 5.5.2, if it’s also necessary, I downloaded it through the google play store. Everything I stated above happens with xlsx files, docx files have almost the same issue but I can save them after restoring them. It’s a phone and the model is “LG L322DL”. I’ve never recorded anything on a phone before, so I don’t know if I can and I don’t know if sending screenshot would do any better than just typing what happens out because of how simple the issue is visually. If you think you need recordings or screenshots, tell me how I can and I’ll provide everything you need.

Thanks for providing the details.
The video would help us to understand the issue better. You can make a video with built-in “Screen recorder” that can be found in Quick Settings menu (swipe down twice from the top of your screen) or with third party app.
Also, please confirm that the issue reproduces sometimes and not every time you open a file.

OK, I can provide you with a video but my phone doesn’t have a built-in screen recorder, I’ll have to look for one. As for weather the issue is reproducible or not, I’m not really sure what you mean. If it wasn’t reproducible, I wouldn’t have posted. Although, I should clarify that the first part of the issue happens every time when opening files and the inability to save files happens every time with xlsx files but never with docs.

You have provided the exact information that I’ve asked. Thanks in advance for the video.
We are checking the situation.

Ok, I found a recorder that works but for some reason onlyoffice was functioning a little different while I was recording it but it still shows the issues I was having for the most part. I hope your ok with google drive links because it seems like I can’t attach the video to this post and I don’t know where else to upload it to: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qU53qhY6XxRVq4rnAw_deM6nflXpKddE/view?usp=sharing

Now docx files aren’t working and it corrupted the file I was using. Luckily, it’s not important but I don’t understand why this app just seems to have inconsistent issues for me. I have an alternative that works fine, so if these issues can’t be fixed, it’s not that big of an issue but I do prefer the way this app works.

Unfortunately, we have tried to reproduce the issue but it wasn’t a success.
This is very unique case and without access to the phone (which, obviously, we cannot get) it is nearly impossible to find the root of the issue. I have tried my best to help you with issue but it is what it is.
We will keep investigating similar cases and I will inform you if we have any news.
I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

That’s fine because, like I said, I do have a working alternative. Also, I’m actually kind of surprised that you actually responded to my issue. Generally, when there is some form of a “forum based” support system like this, the devs usually ignore most of the posts and only respond to some of them, with most of the responses coming from users who don’t know what their talking about. So as far as I’m concerend, you’ve already did more than I expected.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words. We do care about our users.
I will update this thread once there is something new comes up.

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this check the date and time settings.

Assuming what you are saying is actually relevant to my issue, I’m not sure what you mean. The app doesn’t seem to have “date and time” settings and the date and time settings for my phone are set to automatic and I’m not seeing anything wrong with it.

Hello @Pitter022

Can you provide some more details on this? How did you change date and time settings of the device? Pelase share info about your environment:

• version of Mobile App;
  • type of OS of the device;
  • version of the OS;
  • device model.