Separate servers, RPM script install - Error while downloading the document file to be converted

Information Value
Document Server version 7.3.3.49
Connector version 7.8.0
DMS (platform) version
OnlyOffice Server OS Alma Linux 8.8
Nextcloud Server OS CentOS 7
Client OS Fedora 36
Client Browser Firefox 111.0.1 64-bit

Hey all -

As the title suggests, I’m using two separate servers for my Nextcloud and OnlyOffice installs. At the moment, neither of them are Docker installs - Nextcloud was manually installed, and OnlyOffice runs on its own VM and was installed using the bash script. I have since gone and fetched our Let’s Encrypt certificates for OnlyOffice, and I’ve pasted my JWT (obtained from /etc/onlyoffice/documentserver/local.json) into Nextcloud… aaaaand I get this error:

Error when trying to connect (Error occurred in the document service: Error while downloading the document file to be converted.) (version 7.3.3.49)

What gives? What do I do?

I should note: I have run the bash /usr/bin/documentserver-update-securelink.sh command, and I do have HTTP and HTTPS open on my server’s firewall. The error persists.

Hello @Short-Stay

Please provide logs of Document Server from /var/log/onlyoffice/documentserver/.
Additionally, please provide local.json for reference. You can archive all of these, upload archive to any cloud storage and share an external link to it via PM in terms of safety.

I’m having the same issue, again, and nothing I do seems to change anything.

Hello @Short-Stay

I believe you’ve contacted me via PM about this case and not it is solved. Please confirm.
In case it is not solved yet, provide fresh info on your current environment:

1. Type of installation and version of Document Server;
  2. Version of Nextcloud;
  3. Version of the connector app;
  4. Information about proxy (if used);
  5. Logs of Document Server after attempting to connect.

Logs are located in /var/log/onlyoffice/documentserver/.

I did indeed! The first time we communicated, it was for our internal OnlyOffice server to work with our internal Nextcloud server, this time was for our DMZ network OnlyOffice server to work withour DMZ network Nextcloud (public facing) server. But! I got it working - not EXACTLY sure how, tbh, but it seems to be happy now and has survived through various reboots of either server, which was the objective.

I know that I had a directive wrong in the Nextcloud config file, and there were a few months of updates that I needed to apply to the server (Alma Linux 8), the OnlyOffice instance, and the Nextcloud instance. But! We’re up and running now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay. Spoke too soon. I’m getting the error between these two servers again, and this time, nothing has changed. Nothing happened. No reboots, no nothing. It just doesn’t work, magically.

I get the following error:

Error when trying to connect (cURL error 7: (see libcurl - Error Codes) for https://onlyoffice-dmz.example.com/healthcheck)

despite the fact that I can simply do a curl https://onlyoffice-dmz.example.com/healthcheck FROM the Nextcloud server, and it returns true. Why is this not consistently working/staying up?!?

Please provide information I’ve mentioned here:

May I know where exactly you see this error? Does it appear when saving settings in connector app interface?

If, by “saving settings in connector app interface” you’re referring to the OnlyOffice settings under Nextcloud’s “Administration Settings”, then yes.

1. OnlyOffice 7.5.1 RPM installation on Alma Linux 8.9
  2. Nextcloud 25.0.13
  3. Nextcloud OnlyOffice Connector 7.9.4
  4. no proxy used
  5. I can send logs via DM?

I have also checked if I can curl the URL directly from the Nextcloud server’s terminal. I can. It returns “true” to the terminal.

Sure, but make sure to fetch logs after reproducing the issue.

I have sent those logs. I am not sure what’s going on. :frowning:

Where did you send logs? I cannot see any messages from you.

Interesting! I uh… I guess I can resend them? One moment.

EDIT: I have re-sent my initial post and our logs in a message, “Our OnlyOffice setup”

Now I see a message from you. Please check the DM.