Send email as group email

Do you want to: Suggest a feature (if the feature doesn’t already exist) / Ask a how-to question (if the feature already does exist)

For feature suggestions, describe the result you would like to achieve in detail:

I installed mail server and have started to create emails for my domain. I’m wondering if it is possible to have users in a group be able to send emails as a group email. So, for example say I have group1@mydomain.com_, user1@mydomain.com_, and user2@mydomain.com_
where user1 and user2 are in group1. Any emails sent to group1@mydomain.com_ will forward to both user1@mydomain.com_ and user2@mydomain.com_. I want user1 and user2 to be able to send an emails as group1@mydomain.com_. But when I try to send an email from user1/user2 I can only send that email as user1@mydomain.com_/user2@mydomain.com. I can’t send email as group1@mydomain.com_.

Is there a way to do this?

I tried to use aliases but you can’t set the same alias to multiple accounts.

Community Server/Control Panel version: 12.0.0.1726 / 3.1.0.460 / Mail Server - 1.6.75
Type of installation of Workspace (docker, deb/rpm, exe): docker
Browser version: Brave V1.39.111

Hello @matthew

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to send an e-mail from a group mail. I will forward your suggestion to our development team for further consideration.

1 Like

Hello, this function is very important for us and at the moment it is the only thing preventing us from switching from google to onlyoffice. When do you plan to add this feature? Is it possible to pay for its programming?

Hello @tomas.kudlacek

We are working on this feature but, unfortunately, no ETA is available yet.

You can contact our sales department via sales@onlyoffice.com to discuss all details in this regard.