Save PDF Changes with ONLYOFFICE 7.5

I try to enable the PDF Commenting/Editing mode with ONLYOFFICE 7.5.
But if I try to save the document, I get the following message:

I guess i set some parameters wrong but can not figure out which.

My configuration looks like this:

{
  "documentType": "word",
  "token": "xxx",
  "document": {
    "fileType": "pdf",
    "key": "xxx",
    "title": "xxx",
    "url": "xxx",
    "permissions": {
      "download": true,
      "edit": false,
      "comment": true,
      "print": true,
      "review": false,
      "fillForms": false,
      "rename": false,
      "changeHistory": false,
      "modifyFilter": false,
      "modifyContentControl": false
    },
    "token": "xxx"
  },
  "editorConfig": {
    "callbackUrl": "xxx",
    "createUrl": null,
    "lang": "en",
    "mode": "edit",
    "user": {
      "id": "xxx",
      "name": "xxx"
    },
    },
}

I also try multiple other combinations but without any success.

What is the correct parameter combination to support saving pdf comments?

Best regards
Uli

Hello, @uwohlfeil :handshake:

This behavior is a bug.
We are aware of this issue. The fix will be included in the next release, ONLYOFFICE Docs v.7.5.1.

1 Like

@Nikolas Thanks for the good news :+1:

Hey Nikolas,
saving of comments and marking is working now. But why are entrys in my PDF-forms not saved in the new document?

Hey @socialize.IT :handshake:
If you’re talking about some issue resembling a bug, it might be better to create a separate topic for that.

OnlyOffice Version 8.0.1 This problem exists. PDF Comment Not autosave. When I opened my browser Debug to submit a comment, WebSocket did not initiate a request. Looks like a Web problem

@alex2024

Hello, are you encountering the same error when saving PDF?

Yes, PDF Comment not save online AND Comment authority Out of action

Hi @alex2024
At the moment, PDF viewer can only save new changes in separate file
copies.

The reason why I chose PDF comment is because the number of pages opened in word document in OnlyOffice is not the same as that in Microsoft Office. There are many tables and pictures in the document, OnlyOffice will change their spacing so that the number of pages will be different. I want onlyoffice and Microsoft Office with the same page number when I open the document. What do I need to do?

@alex2024
Could you please provide the document where you found the differences between ONLYOFFICE and Microsoft Office, and specify them?

I use {NUMPAGES} to update page numbers. OnlyOffice always generates fewer page numbers than Microsoft Office. Although their content looks the same.

@alex2024
We have a proposal to add support for introducing “fields” such as NUMPAGES, STYLEREF, FORMULA…

This might indeed be the issue.
We need a document to precisely identify the problem.

Test.docx
Microsoft Office(2016) OPEN this Page 307 . OnlyOffice(8.0.1) Open this Page 340.
What issues lead to their differences,font or page spacing ?
So how can I make onlyoffice and OnlyOffice page numbers consistent .
If you have any survey findings at your disposal, I would be most grateful if you could kindly share them with me.

Hi @alex2024 :wave:
Thank you for the file!
We are already analyzing the issues you’ve mentioned. Once we have the information, I’ll let you know.

Hi @alex2024 :wave:

So how can I make onlyoffice and OnlyOffice page numbers consistent .

We’ve created a bug report and a feature suggestion for the issues you’ve described:

1. Difference in the width and height of table cells. [Bug]
  2. Implement adding fields from express blocks NUMPAGES + MERGEFORMAT [Suggestion]

As a workaround, you might find it helpful to use the option “Insert” tab → “Header & Footer” → “Insert number of pages.”

I apologize for not mentioning the need to create a new topic for the off-topic discussion in this thread.
Please, next time, create a new topic if your question differs from the main discussion.

Will this bug be fixed in the next release?
Most Word editing work is done in PC using Microsoft office,onlyoffice is generally used for online previews or minor changes. Keeping their format consistent helps improve productivity.
Looking forward to your good news.

Hello @alex2024
If you don’t mind, I will step to this thread.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with ETA at the moment. We just have started working on the mentioned bug and we need a little bit more time.
We will update this thread once we have something to share.