Privacy concern + annoyance

Hi,

I am using the desktop version 7.11 on a mac, and every time I launch OnlyOffice, a pop up appears where OnlyoOffice asks for access to the “Chromium Safe Storage” keychain.

Why on Earth is this necessary? I have to deny it every time - and OnlyOffice works fine.

Can this be removed?

This is not a good look for the product (privacy-wise), and in fact I’ll have to stop using it if this annoying popup doesn’t vanish. Chances are, one tired day one accidentally grants access.

Best,
A

Hello @abi.misc
To be honest, I’m not sure that I understand the issue right. I have checked my MacOS (v.11.6 Big Sur) with Desktop Editors v.7.2 installed and I didn’t find any issues.
Could you please update Desktop Editors to v.7.2 and provide us with detailed decription? You can make videofile or screenshots.

updated, still persists, see screenshot

We are checking the situation. I will update this thread when we have something to share.

Hello @abi.misc
Please let us know your exact MacOS version.

Hi, it Monterey 12.5.1. Running on a M1 MacBook Air.

Thank you for provided data. We have added a bug to internal tracksystem (internal number - 59227). We have started working on it.

I just installed the OnlyOffice in my MacBook with Intel chip set. I can’t believe the problem is still there. Is it become a feature of OnlyOffice by now?

Hello @wky

Can you please specify version of macOS that you are currently using and version of Desktop Editors?

MacOS version: Sonoma 14.4
OnlyOffice version: 8.0.1

Thank you very much. I have added your query to the mentioned bug.
Please accept our apologies for inconvenience.