OO WebDAV access under Anroid 13

I’m using a german cloud storage space (LuckyCloud) which is accessable via WebDAV. OO on my Android phone is succesfully connected to LuckyCloud and all folders and files are accessable so far.
But when trying to open a MS Excel file directly from my cloud storage space, often OO is loading parts of the file only. Means, when I scroll through the opened spread sheet only the first lines are correctly loaded but the rest of the rows are blank (white).
As a workaround I have to close OO, re-open it and reload the file. Or I have to clear the OO cache in OO settings. Then OO is loading the complete file.

Is there any opportunity that OO is loading the files correcty on the first attempt? May be I can disable the Cache or something like that.

Android 13
OO Documents v5.5.2

Hello,

Does this issue occur with all spreadsheets files, or with specific ones?

Did you try to open the same file using different device with another Android version?

Could you please record a video reproducing the issue and send it?

Hi Ali,
Thanks for your reply. At the moment we are using only two different xlsx files where this behaviour occurs. And it happens on two different Android smartphones, both connected to the same cloud storage space via WebDAV.
I got another older Android tablet where I could test it this evening. But I assume the same behaviour.

I will record a short video for you. How should I provide the video?

Hello,
Thank you for the information.

Is the another smartphone also 13 Android version?
You can upload the video on any cloud hosting service, and provide me with download link

Hi,
Yes, the other phone is also running Android 13.
Yesterday evening I’ve tested it with an older tablet and former Android version - same behaviour. Simultaneously I’ve installed Collabora Office which is also able to connect to WebDAV sources. This office suite is showing my Excel file always correctly.
Anyway, yesterday I didn’t find time to record the video sequence of the issue but I will do so on weekend at the latest.

Sorry to disrupt this thread. @Joerg is it possible to provide us with test account to your storage too? This way we will try to reproduce the situation on our devices. Also we need videofile with step-by-step issue scenario as @Ali asked before.

Hi Ali and Alexandre,
Here a few more details of the issue after further investigation:
You could open a file on Android on different ways, either by opening the application firstly followed by opening the file, or by opening a file explorer and tapping on the file which should be opened. In that second case Android will offer the application(s) which are able to handle the file extension. In my case OnlyOffice or Collabora Office. Choosing OO let start OO followed by opening the file. So far so good.
In the first case the issue occurs very rarely, maybe 1 of 10 attempts.
But in the seconds case, and this is my normal workflow, 1 of 3 attempts are leading to the graphic error where I have to load the file a second time for correct presentation.

In the meantime I’ve created a record of my workflow showing the issue. The video is showing the following:

• starting the file manager of my LuckyCloud cloud storage space
  • navigating to the file Test1.xlsx
  • tabbing the file to open it
  • Android offers CollaboraOffice and OnlyOffice
  • Choosing OnlyOffice
  • OO starts and is loading the file
  • OO is presenting the Excel Spreadsheet and cell B8 is selected. Nevertheless another manual cell selection is not possible. Tabbing on another cell is only showing the green vertical icon bar
  • further the video is showing my scrolling through the document. You could see different big white sections with missing cells and values. You see different scrolling attempts up and down, but the empty section remain empty
  • then I close the spreadsheet and reload it via the same way - and surprise - the file is loaded and presented completely and I’m als able to select cells.

Here is the link to my record file: https://sync.luckycloud.de/f/79e73012a7304262b239/

Please understand that I’m not able to grant any guest access to my cloud storage space. If you would like to test the OO WebDAV access of LuckyCloud, you could arrange a 14day test account for free with LuckyCloud (https://luckycloud.de/en/preise-cloud-speicher-und-funktionen)

And in case you think the issue could belong to my Excel Spreadsheet, I could provide you with. Let me know.

Finally a have a proposal for improvement. My Excel spreadsheet contains a fix 1st column and 1st row. When scrolling through my document I would like to permanantly see these first column and row. But OO doesn’t support fix areas. Other Android Apps are able to support this function.

Cheers
Joerg

Hello @Joerg
Thank you for detailed description. We are checking the situation.

Hello @Joerg
We’ve checked described scenario, thank you for your videofile! The situation is related to known bug (internal number - 45699). We are working on it already.

Finally a have a proposal for improvement. My Excel spreadsheet contains a fix 1st column and 1st row. When scrolling through my document I would like to permanantly see these first column and row. But OO doesn’t support fix areas. Other Android Apps are able to support this function.

Thank you for pointing us to this situation, we have added a bug to internal tracksystem (60583). We have started working on it.

Hi Alexandre,
Thank’s for your reply and your effort to permanently improve your App. This is appreciated.

1 Like