ONLYOFFICE Docs v7.3 released: enhanced forms, SmartArt, new security settings, Watch Window, and more
ONLYOFFICE Docs v7.3 released

OO Docs 7.2: onExternalPluginMessage does not work

Document Server version: 7.2.1.34
Browser version: Firefox 107.0

Hi ONLYOFFICE Team,

Is there a change in ONLYOFFICE version 7.2.1 which deactivates the method onExternalPluginMessage? This function no longer seems to work in my case from 7.2.

Best Regards
Uli

Hello @uwohlfeil
This method still persists: ONLYOFFICE Api Documentation - Events
Do I understand it right that this method doesn’t work in your plugin after Document server update to v.7.2.1? If so, probably we have to take a look at your plugin. If it’s possible please contact me via PM and provide us with your plugin and detailed description.

Yes, I also encountered this problem when I was using it. The conclusion I can get so far is the same as what you said before, but the authorities don’t seem to have solved the problem.

I wonder if your team has found a suitable solution to this problem?

I implemented this requirement in a different way, but the compiled plug-in must be placed on the server of the service. This is not very convenient. It is also because of cross-domain problems.

The general solution is as follows:

your web page:

docEditor = new DocsAPI.DocEditor("openFile", testConfig);
    docEditor.serviceCommand("selfKey", anyMessage);

your plugins code:

window.parent.Common.Gateway.on(“internalcommand”, (data) => {
if (data == null || data.command == null || data.command == “”) return;
if(data.command === “selfKey”) console.log(data);
});

You can get any message you send using serviceCommand in the Gateway method.

We are checking the situation, I will update this thread when we have something to share.

Do you have any news regarding this issue?

Regards Uli

Hello @uwohlfeil
We are still working on it. I will come back to this thread when we have any news.