Onlyoffice workspace upgrade failed

Do you want to: Suggest a feature / Report a bug / Ask a how-to question
For feature suggestions, describe the result you would like to achieve in detail:
For bug reports, provide the steps to reproduce and if possible a minimal demo of the problem:
Community Server/Control Panel version: 12.5/3.5
Type of installation of Workspace (docker, deb/rpm, exe) GROUPS (redhat)
Browser version:

Hi community,
After populating all the required repositories offline i tried to update onlyoffice community server using the provided script but i ended in the following error–

Running scriptlet: onlyoffice-communityserver-12.5.1-629.noarch 1/1
Running scriptlet: onlyoffice-communityserver-12.5.1-629.noarch 1/2
Upgrading : onlyoffice-communityserver-12.5.1-629.noarch 1/2
warning: /var/www/onlyoffice/ApiSystem/Web.config saved as /var/www/onlyoffice/ApiSystem/Web.config.rpmsave
warning: /var/www/onlyoffice/Services/TeamLabSvc/TeamLabSvc.exe.config saved as /var/www/onlyoffice/Services/TeamLabSvc/TeamLabSvc.exe.config.rpmsave
warning: /var/www/onlyoffice/WebStudio/web.appsettings.config saved as /var/www/onlyoffice/WebStudio/web.appsettings.config.rpmsave

Running scriptlet: onlyoffice-communityserver-12.5.1-629.noarch 1/2
warning: %post(onlyoffice-communityserver-12.5.1-629.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

Error in POSTIN scriptlet in rpm package onlyoffice-communityserver
Warning: The unit file, source configuration file or drop-ins of monoserve.service changed on disk. Run ‘systemctl daemon-reload’ to reload units.

Processing /var/www/onlyoffice/Tools/radicale/plugins/app_store_plugin
Preparing metadata (setup.py): started
Preparing metadata (setup.py): finished with status ‘done’
Using legacy ‘setup.py install’ for app-store-plugin, since package ‘wheel’ is not installed.
Installing collected packages: app-store-plugin
Attempting uninstall: app-store-plugin
Found existing installation: app-store-plugin 1.0.0
Uninstalling app-store-plugin-1.0.0:
Successfully uninstalled app-store-plugin-1.0.0
Running setup.py install for app-store-plugin: started
Running setup.py install for app-store-plugin: finished with status ‘done’
Successfully installed app-store-plugin-1.0.0
WARNING: Running pip as the ‘root’ user can result in broken permissions and conflicting behaviour with the system package manager. It is recommended to use a virtual environment instead: 12. Virtual Environments and Packages — Python 3.11.3 documentation
Processing /var/www/onlyoffice/Tools/radicale/plugins/app_rights_plugin
Preparing metadata (setup.py): started
Preparing metadata (setup.py): finished with status ‘done’
Using legacy ‘setup.py install’ for app-rights-plugin, since package ‘wheel’ is not installed.
Installing collected packages: app-rights-plugin
Attempting uninstall: app-rights-plugin
Found existing installation: app-rights-plugin 1.0.0
Uninstalling app-rights-plugin-1.0.0:
Successfully uninstalled app-rights-plugin-1.0.0
Running setup.py install for app-rights-plugin: started
Running setup.py install for app-rights-plugin: finished with status ‘done’
Successfully installed app-rights-plugin-1.0.0
WARNING: Running pip as the ‘root’ user can result in broken permissions and conflicting behaviour with the system package manager. It is recommended to use a virtual environment instead: 12. Virtual Environments and Packages — Python 3.11.3 documentation

Running scriptlet: onlyoffice-communityserver-12.1.0-603.noarch 2/2
Cleanup : onlyoffice-communityserver-12.1.0-603.noarch 2/2
Running scriptlet: onlyoffice-communityserver-12.1.0-603.noarch 2/2
Verifying : onlyoffice-communityserver-12.5.1-629.noarch 1/2
Verifying : onlyoffice-communityserver-12.1.0-603.noarch 2/2
Installed products updated.

Upgraded:
onlyoffice-communityserver-12.5.1-629.noarch

Complete!
firewalld-0.9.3-13.el8.noarch
Warning: ALREADY_ENABLED: http
success
success

Thank you for installing ONLYOFFICE.
You can now configure your portal using the Control Panel
In case you have any questions contact us via http://support.onlyoffice.com or visit our forum at http://forum.onlyoffice.comProcessing: onlyoffice.tar…
log file

It seems onlyoffice-community server rpm is having some problem in post installation script execution. After script completes when we try to login it shows unknown column u.user_lead in field list.

while debugging i found that error in POSTIN scriptlet is occuring at following statement–

chmod g+s+w /var/run/onlyoffice
chmod +x /usr/bin/communityserver-configure.sh

These two statements are not executing, however i am running script as root.
please help

Hello @vssc
Please provide us with Community server logs folder and clarify your installation type (you use packages, don’t you?). Additionally, show us current versions of components: docker ps or yum list installed | grep onlyoffice.
Also point me to the guide which you used for update process.

Hi Alexandre,
I have attached the logs logs

I have used packages(rpm). I have populated the entire required repository locally and run the provided script—
i have followed this guide–
https://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/installation/workspace-install-linux.aspx

bash install-RedHat.sh -u true -it GROUPS -ls true
while debugging i found that error in POSTIN scriptlet is occuring at following statement–

These two statements are not executing, however i am running script as root.
finally it shows that onlyoffice community server upgraded to 12.5

onlyoffice-communityserver.noarch 12.5.1-629
onlyoffice-controlpanel.noarch 3.5.0-516

Do you mean that your server is air-gapped? I mean no access to the Internet?

Yes correct

As far as I understand, you’re using package installation on your test. I’m afraid that we didn’t test such scenario (package installation\update on air-gapped server), so we cannot predict possible issues. I suggest to use docker to achieve the same result, we have discussed it recently here: Onlyoffice groups Installation/updation on air gapped system

Actually after the completion of installation , manually i executed these two statements–

and upgraded the database and it worked correctly. My only doubt is why these two statements are not executing while running the upgrade script.

Please note that we cannot provide guarantees of stable work in your scenario. The only proper way to use packages on air-gapped server is let server connect to the Internet during installation and upgrade steps. There aren’t enough tests of your scenario to predict possible issues in such case. I suggest sticking with docker guide from our other thread.