Onlyoffice menu and ribbon fonts become tiny when desktop scaling enabled

Hi,

I am running on a brand new fresh install of Zorin OS 16.2 updated fully running the latest version of Only Office on a 14" laptop running 1920x1080 resolution. When I change the screen display scale to 125% Only Office fonts (not in the actual document itself but the menu and Ribbon whatever you call it - all the functional drop downs and menu items etc) become incredibly small, unusably so. If I run the screen display scale at the normal 100% Only Office is fine. Fonts are perfect. Also if I run the screen display scale at 200% Only Office is fine (but everything is way to big of course which I do not want). I want to run my desktop at 125% scaling - easier on the eyes and yeh that’s what I want. Every other application I’ve tried so far is good with this when I run the screen display scale at 125% except for Only Office and I really want to use Only Office.

Hope that makes sense.

Kind regards

Lee

Hello @meremortal
Please try to run Desktop Editors this way: onlyoffice-desktopeditors --force-scale=1
Will the situation change?

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

No change.

Hopefully you can see this image

Anyone got any other suggestions? I would really like to use Onlyoffice with 125% scaling on the desktop.

Hello @meremortal
We are checking the situation. I will update this thread when we have something to share.

Hi,

OK thankyou. It happens when I change the scaling to 125% or 150% or 175%. Not on 100% (default) or 200%. I would prefer to run at 125% scaling as it’s just easier on the eyes.

Hi, just out of curiosity if I had a paid version of OnlyOffice would there be a resolution to this more quickly?

Here are a couple more images hope this helps explain the issue. The 125% image scaling image doesn’t really do the issue justice as the screen is so small at 14" but it’s definitely enough of an issue for me not to use onlyoffice unfortunately. Hope you can find a solution.

Hello @meremortal
Thank you for additional description and screenshots, we are still checking the situation.

Hi, just out of curiosity if I had a paid version of OnlyOffice would there be a resolution to this more quickly?

I have checked clients database, but I didn’t find commercial license which belongs to you. Anyway, if you have commercial license, please contact my colleagues via Zendesk to get prompt replies.

Yes I don’t have a paid license. I was just asking as to whether if I WAS a paid license holder whether the problem could be resolved more quickly. It’s a shame as this make Only Office unusable for me. Such a seemingly simple issue to manage desktop font scaling but clearly it’s a tricky one. Either way I must look to use Libre Office or another alternative rather than invest time in Only Office. I really hope you can fix this issue as it’s a show stopper for me. Kind regards

Lee

Unfortunately, we are still trying to localize the reason of the issue and without the fact we detect it, I cannot tell you if the solution can be delivered sooner.

As for your question, we are trying to solve all problems in timely manner no matter if it was reported by our open source community or paid customers. As our products are complex software it becomes sometimes a technically challenging task to improve and support it. Some issues require time to be resolved.

As for described issue, we are going to discuss it internally and I will keep you updated.

Hello @meremortal
Could you please check out interface scaling parameter in Desktop editors settings (main menu >Settings)?

I’m not the OP, but I was searching for a way to resolve this myself and setting the Desktop setting fixed the issue for me.

Thank you for confirmation @MikeKing2023
I hope this way will be useful for @meremortal too.

Hello @meremortal
Please clarify your version of Desktop Editors.