OnlyOffice Integration with Owncloud + Ngrok

Hi Guys!

I have made account here in hope of finding some help from people with more knowledge than me. I have setup an Owncloud instance fully working with Ngrok, now I have installed Onlyoffice version 7.2 in docker compose and was able to integrate it in my Owncloud server. (Both services run on the same device)

So when I open Owncloud with the local IP address assigned to it I can edit files and create new ones with no further issue, but if I use Ngrok tunnel I can access Owncloud but will get message ‘ONLYOFFICE cannot be reached. Please contact admin’.
I have also tried with public IP address and opening the ports but same issue occurs. I haven’t setup SSL or private key either as I am still testing and trying to figure out things.

I was wondering will I need a proxy? Sorry if my questions sound stupid I am a college student and I am still learning…

Thanks in advance for any help :))

Hello @xtremecris

First of all, please note that version 7.2 is outdated, please update in to current version 8.0 and check the situation again.

If any issue happens after that, please provide following information:

• version of ownCloud;
  • version of connector app for ownCloud;
  • a screenshot of browser console when reproducing the issue;
  • a screenshot of the error when saving connector settings with public IP address.