OnlyOffice immediately slows down and becomes unresponsive after selecting more than one page

Hello everyone!

Selecting small amounts of text with the mouse or keyboard works without issues, but trying to select more than half a page slows the document down to a crawl, especially if you try to scroll down while selecting text at the same time.

The program becomes unresponsive and there’s a lot of input lag until you close the document and reopen it.
This mostly happens if you select text while scrolling down. When your selection transitions to another page, the slowdown will become noticeable immediately.

OS version: Win10
App version: Version 8.1.1.27 (x64 exe)
Downloaded from: ONLYOFFICE website

Hello,
Does the issue occur on all documents or on the particular one?
Please provide a screen recording of the issue reproduction and in case it is relevant for a particular document, please send it to us as well

Hello @DmitriiV !

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes this does occur on all documents.

I created a fresh document and filled it with dummy text. As you can see here, the document gets progressively more unresponsive the longer the marked text passage gets. One page marked is enough to slow it down to a crawl.

Also, while marking text, the task manager shows that the power consumption of Onlyoffice goes from Very low to Very high in about 5 seconds. If you stop marking it goes back down to very low consumption.

I’m currently working with multiple large documents where long passages of text need to be copy pasted to other documents so i have to reopen the affected documents countless times throughout the day.

I hope I’m not the only one with this problem.

Thank you

We are currently analysing the issue, please wait

1 Like