OnlyOffice Connector for Liferay : deprecated classes and method

Hi,

The OnlyOffice Connector (2.2) for Liferay is broken on versions of Liferay Portal greater than 7.4.GA21.

This is due to the use of many deprecated/retired classes and methods in the connector.

Exemple :

ModelResourcePermissionHelper is deprecated and retired since 7.4ga21. But still used in the connector.
So it generates error on document library like this :
“java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.security.permission.resource.ModelResourcePermissionHelper cannot be found by onlyoffice.integration.web_2.2.0”

You should use ModelResourcePermissionUtil.

But that’s not the only one. There is changes in DLApp methods (create/update).

Especially, ga39 have many removal of so called “unused method” that it is used on Action Menu customisations in the connector

So the actual releases are not eligibles for Lifeay 7.4ga21+…

My asks are :

• Is there a roadmap for a next version of the connector, as I can’t see any code update since last April ?
  • would you accept our contributions on the project (developing, testing) ?
  • Or should we fork it to correct it ?

We have great experiences on Liferay portals, so we can bring our skills on the Liferay Connector project.

Regards

Hello @christophe.cariou
We are checking the described situation. We have run a quick test and it seems that you are right, there’s an issue with v.7.4.3.2-ga21.
I will notify you when we get any news.

• Is there a roadmap for a next version of the connector, as I can’t see any code update since last April ?

Sorry, we don’t have public roadmap.

• would you accept our contributions on the project (developing, testing) ?
  • Or should we fork it to correct it ?

You can create pullrequest on GitHub. As far as I understand you created the issue earlier with the same request here:https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/onlyoffice-liferay/issues/36

Hello @christophe.cariou
We can confirm that there’s the issue with Liferay.

We have run a quick test and it seems that you are right, there’s an issue with v.7.4.3.2-ga21.

We are going to fix it with the next version of connector app.
Thank you for pointing us to this situation!

Hello @Alexandre ,
great ! Waiting for the next version.

Regards
Christophe