ODF can't be opened from OneDrive

ONLYOFFICE Mobile: Documents
Do you want to: Report a bug

Bug description: When opening an OpenDocument-format file (.ODT/.ODS/.ODP) from OneDrive, the process fails with an error message: “Conversion failed!”. When opening the same file locally (e.g. from the Downloads folder on my device), the file opens correctly. This issue with OneDrive happens both when calling the OnlyOffice app through the official OneDrive app, as well as when opening the files inside the OnlyOffice app through the connected cloud account.

Steps to reproduce:

1. In the OneDrive app (or inside the OnlyOffice app), go to any ODT/ODS/ODP file that is stored in OneDrive, and open it.
  2. Wait for the file to be loaded.
  3. The editor interface in OnlyOffice loads, but then an error message appears: “Conversion failed!”.

Technical details:
Api level: 33
App code: 410
App name: 5.5.2
Brand: samsung
Device: dm1q
Device language: English
Model: SM-S911B
OS version: 5.15.41-android13-8-25800099-abS911BXXU1AWBD
Version release: 13

Hello @DoSo

We are checking the situation.
Could you provide a file that opens with an error?

Hi @Nikolas

I’ve created three ODF-type files (ODS, ODT, ODP) which should be accessible and editable to everyone. Please could you let me know if are able to open them through the app on your end?

Document (ODT): Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Spreadsheet (ODS): Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Presentation (ODP): Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Thank you for the file.
We were able to reproduce described issue with and based on this behavior we’ve created bug report number 61567 in our internal bug tracker.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

1 Like