Numbering of image captions

Hello, I have a problem with the numbering of the image captions. I don’t know why, it is not in order and when I use “refresh field” for each image hoping to find an ascending order, it does the opposite. As you can see, the numbering is in descending order.

Do you have any idea what is causing this problem and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance

Hello @Mewen
I’m trying to reproduce mentioned scenario, but without a result. Would you mind providing us with exact step-by-step issue scenario and test file? This way we will check it out.

Hello Alexandre,
I solved by placing the numbered captions under the right images and reattaching the corresponding texts. I will recreate a file in the same conditions and try to make the link. After I don’t know if it can be linked but I group the images with the captions and there it is a sequence of images, so I grouped the groups.
In particular, I know that in some cases the manipulation of objects within groups can cause disorders, I am thinking in particular of the use of the alignment function.

I will try again and get back to you. Thank you for your help.

Sure, please keep us updated. We would like to take a closer look at the original file with the issue.