NextCloud & ONLYOFFICE Community

Strange issue with Nextcloud connecting to ONLYOFFICE.

NextCloud version: 28.0.3

Document Server version: 8.0.1.31
Connector version: 9.0.0

The setup:
Caddyserver setup as a reverse proxy.
HOSTA runs two instances of NextCloud
HOSTB run ONLYOFFICE Docs Community

Both instances of NextCloud connect to ONLYOFFICE without any problems. Both work for opening and editing files.

Once a day (Guessing when the cronjob runs) NextCloud instance B disconnects from ONLYOFFICE. I have to go into the settings and hit save, then it reconnects.

NextCloud instance A never disconnects.

If I run “occ onlyoffice:documentserver --check” on NextCloud Instance A; it returns Document server successfully connected.

If I run the same command on NextCloud instance B; it returns “Error connection: Error occurred in the document service: Error while downloading the document file to be converted.” I then need to go into NextCloud instance B and hit save again to reconnect.

I can’t figure out why it works for one and not the other, everything is identical. I must be missing something, so I am hoping someone can provide some insight.

Thanks

Hi @Sal :wave:

I’ll clarify regarding the issue.

It seems some users have encountered a similar problem before.

@Sal

There’s an issue on GitHub.

Several solutions to the problem have been suggested there:

* editors check interval fix (A version with a fix for this issue will be released in the next few weeks)

You have a unique situation. :slight_smile:
Are there any differences between NextCloud A and NextCloud B?

Thanks @Nikolas .

I didn’t find the issue on GitHub, but I did try the URL in the advanced server settings. That didn’t seem to have any effect.

I also came across the option to change the check interval; however, I felt that it wasn’t a fix but only a workaround.

Knowing it’s a bug (didn’t realize that before as i thought it was something I did wrong), I’ll apply the interval check workaround.

Thanks again.

1 Like