Microsoft Office 365 Outlook compatibility, oauth2 login

In the process of migrating all of my emails to ONLYOFFICE Version 12.6.0.1900, everything went perfectly except for one account where my client uses Microsoft Office 365 for everything. I cannot login to my outlook mail account since ONLYOFFICE Mail does not support the oauth2 authentication method, EWS (Exchange Web Services).

I do have a workaround, putting the Outlook Webmail link on the module choice page, but I would rather have the full integration I have come to love in ONLYOFFICE.

Hello @aharper
We are checking the situation. I will update this thread as soon as possible.

Hello @aharper
Could you please describe the situation with this one account (oauth2 authentication) as detailed as possible? Do you mean the scenario of authenticating on the Workspace portal using oauth2 credentials?

Trying to authenticate on a client’s Microsoft 365 corporate email account The automatic email account creation give an Account Connection Error. I cannot show the details because I get the error in the forum that new users may only post 2 URLs.

Going into advanced settings, Going to the advanced settings, there is no provision for application ID which will be required, though these IDs often work.

20460e5d-ce91-49af-a3a5-70b6be7486d1
751cf8be-ca07-484b-9308-fac4b9d85eff
d3590ed6-52b3-4102-aeff-aad2292ab01c

To be able to use OAuth2 with outlook.office365.com server an application ID, which identifies the application which requests access to user data, and a tenant ID, which basically identifies the organization, are required, though sometimes the owner of the Outlook account configures the server (service?) to not require the tenant ID.

Hello @aharper
Your forum level has been increased. Please clarify if you meant the Single Sign-on feature for portal authenticating. If it’s possible, please show us the entire scenario (you can record a videofile or make screenshots).

I believe he is talking about this OAuth2 access method for microsoft emails. They are changing to a “modern authentication” method.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/modern-authentication-methods-now-needed-to-continue-syncing-outlook-email-in-non-microsoft-email-apps-c5d65390-9676-4763-b41f-d7986499a90d

Here is a screenshot of the relevant section:

Any chance this will be implemented soon? They will cut off all microsoft email account access on the old method starting September 16th.

Thanks

For clarification, this is for adding a Microsoft hosted email account in the Workspace Mail module for sending/receiving inside the module (and linking to the CRM).

Hello @zionad
Thank you for the additional details! We are looking into them.

Hello @zionad and @aharper
We have added your suggestion (adding OAuth2 support for mailboxes) to the internal tracksystem. Unfortunately, I cannot provide any timeframes of the implementation right now.
If this is highly desired feature for you, I recommend contacting colleagues of mine at sales@onlyoffice.com and discussing possible options.

1 Like

Will do.
But the way that we currently are trying to get around it is by buying our own domain and self hosting the email with the mail module in our workspace server (hosted by Digital Ocean). You and I have a direct message thread discussing the errors we are getting in the process titled “Activating Mail Server on Workspace: 8081 and :3306 error”. For some reason, the docker installed mail module can not communicate with the rest of the workspace, despite opening the ports.
Since the 0Auth2 issue appeared and then the mail server issue, we have no way to link emails internally to the CRM, which is causing alot of chaos.

Hello @zionad

I have a direct message thread discussing the errors we are getting in the process titled “Activating Mail Server on Workspace: 8081 and :3306 error”.

As far as I can see, @Nikolas joined that separate thread and work is still in progress. Please wait for the reply there. As for the issue described in this very topic, we are working to add OAuth2 support for mailboxes, but I cannot provide any ETA right now.
Please accept our sincere apologies.

1 Like