Mail stopped syncing

I have the docker installed self hosted version of OnlyOffice. Its been working great for a number of years.

Mail is set up with an IMAP account. I noticed that new emails were no longer coming in. I tried a number of things and can verify that they were coming in to the email provider (Rackspace) no problem - my desktop client connected directly to it was getting emails but OnlyOffice was not.

I deactivated and reactivated the account, I checked all the settings. I changed my password and updated it no luck.

Because read status doesn’t sync anyway I had no great loss in deleting the account and trying again - which I did.

It now has no emails at all. I can send email through Rackspace’s SMTP server without any problem. Just checking email says that there are none even though there are.

Looking at the logs I see every 30 seconds or so this is output (I removed my email address from it):

2023-05-21 00:09:59,178 ERROR [65] ASC.Mail Mbox_5 - ProcessMailbox exception. Tenant: 1, MailboxId: 5, Address = redacted@recdacted.com)
System.ArgumentException: Unable to sort because the IComparer.Compare() method returns inconsistent results. Either a value does not compare equal to itself, or one value repeatedly compared to another value yields different results. IComparer: 'System.Comparison`1[MailKit.IMailFolder]'.
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(Span`1 keys, Comparison`1 comparer)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Sort(Comparison`1 comparison)
   at ASC.Mail.Clients.MailClient.GetImapFolders()
   at ASC.Mail.Clients.MailClient.AggregateImap(MailSettings mailSettings, Int32 limitMessages)
   at ASC.Mail.Aggregator.Service.Service.MailboxHandler.DoProcess() in /home/jenkins/workspace/release.mail.precompiled/Services/ASC.Mail.Aggregator.Service/Service/MailboxHandler.cs:line 125

I don’t know if this is the cause of no emails showing up? It isn’t triggered by pressing the button to sync emails but it is showing regularly. I did add a new folder account the time that emails stopped syncing (certainly the same afternoon).

I am tempted to drop Rackspace and use the OnlyOffice mail server instead but the migration of all the email accounts is a pain. In the meantime I’d like to get this working again so I have webmail and CRM integration working again.

Hello @DigNZ
First of all, please check out MailAggregaror service inside Community server container with service onlyofficeMailAggregator status command. If it’s necessary, restart the service (service onlyofficeMailAggregator restart).
The more significant point is versions of your installed components (Community server, Control Panel, MySQL, etc.). Please go to the host and run docker ps, show us the output result.

THanks,

As part of my troubleshooting I updated everything to the latest. Looks like restarting the mailAggregator has fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help.

We’re glad that the situation is solved. Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues.