Localization adaptation in Onlyoffice Groups CE

I want to ask a how-to question about changing localization files in Onlyoffice Groups Community Edition.
I’m using ukrainian language and i want to make adaptation of some words in Onlyoffice Groups interface, so i found configuration files about status of task using grep:

# grep -r "Відкритий" /var/www/onlyoffice
/var/www/onlyoffice/WebStudio/Products/CRM/Resources/CRMCasesResource.uk.resx:    <value>Відкритий інцидент
/var/www/onlyoffice/WebStudio/Products/Projects/Resources/ProjectsJSResource.uk.resx:    <value>Відкритий</value>
/var/www/onlyoffice/WebStudio/Products/Projects/Resources/ProjectsJSResource.uk.resx:    <value>Відкритий</value>
/var/www/onlyoffice/WebStudio/Products/Projects/Resources/TaskResource.uk.resx:    <value>Відкритий</value>

and after changing values “Відкритий” to “Відкрито” inside ProjectsJSResource.uk.resx and TaskResource.uk.resx it did not changed the status of task anywhere in the project after restarting nginx and rebooting server at all.

Can you please tell me where i was wrong? Maybe i should restart some another service or change files in another place?
Thank you in advance.

Community Server/Control Panel version: 11.5.2-460/3.0.0-381
Type of installation of Workspace: installation using script
Browser version:

Hello titarenko.

It’s not possible to change resx values on the fly. Because resx files are built to dll ones and eventually the value is taken from dll files.

It seems that you should change resx here https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/CommunityServer

and then build the Community server. We are planning to create and add the guide for similar requests to our knowledge base https://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/

Thank you for pointing out the need for such a guide!

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with exact time of guide release at the moment.

As a workaround solution, probably this will be useful for you Creating custom task status - ONLYOFFICE

Thank you for you answer. Firstly, thank you for help with custom tasks settings, because i did not noticed this configuration.
Am i right? Should i look at Compiling ONLYOFFICE Groups for a local server (as i see it is only for Windows)? Or should i clone your repository and after changing configuration i should install it on a new machine without using script?

We are in the process of writing a guide for Linux. Also, the guide for Windows will be rewritten. I think it is better to wait for our step-by-step guides in this situation.
Sorry for inconvenience.

Ok, thank you so much. It will be very helpfull!

1 Like

Hello!
Maybe you can tell me aproximately time of making guide about compilation of Onlyoffice server (for localization changes)? Or maybe do you have any guide about compilation of Onlyoffice server (maybe not step-by-step)?
Thank you in advance!

Hello titarenko.
Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with approximate time of guide release. It is now under active writing. As soon the guide is ready and checked out, we’ll post it on https://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/