Loading Spreadsheet/Document hangs with Desktop Client connecting through Nextcloud

I’m having an issue loading any nextcloud based documents, even new ones. I click the file or try to open a new one. A new tab open with the outline of the application but greyed out with a message in the middle saying Loading Spreadsheet (or document) and the spinny wheel of doom beside it.
I would expect the file to open.
Document Server version: Docker 7.0.1.37
Connector version: 7.3.2
Nextcloud version: 22 in Docker
Reverse Proxy: Traefik 2 in Docker
Browser version: N/A
Desktop Editor Version: 7.0.1.37 on the same Ubuntu host

I can’t see anything useful in the logs.

Any ideas what could be causing the document opening to hang? It seems that I can open text files and csv’s open as text rather than as a spreadsheet but I haven’t found any other documents which work. Mainly spreadsheets and documents.

Let me know if there’s any more information I can provide

Hello @mattdale
Could you please reproduce the issue and check browser console?

• Open browser console (for example, F12 in Chrome) → choose ‘Network’ tab in browser console → reproduce the issue → check if there are any error entries in console and send us a screenshot (entire page, so we can see the issue in the editor);
  • Choose ‘Console’ tab in browser console → reproduce the issue → check if there are any error entries in console and send us a screenshot.

When did the issue arise? From the first day of Document server installation? Or after some actions on the server side? Also please go to connector app page and make screenshots of your settings.
One more thing, please provide us with whole Document server logs folder. It’s located here: /app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/logs/documentserver/

Thanks for your response.
There is no browser involved. Thom s is in the desktop client.

This is the first time I’ve installed Only Office and the issue has been there from the start.

What is the best way to send screenshots and logs. Can this be done via the forum?

Desktop Editor Version: 7.0.1.37 on the same Ubuntu host

Do I understand you right, that Document server +Nextcloud storage + ONLYOFFICE Desktop app are installed on the same Ubuntu desktop OS?

There is no browser involved. Thom s is in the desktop client.

This is the first time I’ve installed Only Office and the issue has been there from the start.

What is the best way to send screenshots and logs. Can this be done via the forum?

In this case, DS logs are not necessary since editing is started on desktop app side, but you can check if there’s no issue in web-browser (go to Nextcloud portal > open any file via ONLYOFFICE in the browser) just for a test.

Please follow my steps, try to run Desktop Editors with ascdesktop-support-debug-info flag. This flag will enable console mode and we can check out error entries.

Please reproduce the issue (connect to Nextcloud portal > open any file) and immediately hit F1 button. Please check Console and Network tabs and make screenshots.

One more thing, is it possible to provide us with a test account to your Nextcloud portal? So we are able to check the situation on the spot? If so, please contact me via PM.

Yes, this is the case.

This does not work either although it prompts saying an unknown error. Looking in the console the only actual red warning I see is as follows:
TypeError: this.fk is null sdk-all-min.js:1309:406

This does bring up an error on the console

sdk-all-min.js:447 Access to XMLHttpRequest at ‘wss://officeds.example.net/cache/files/2425637728/Editor.bin/Editor.bin?md5=G4LlT8YFbE20NrbyG0fRXQ&expires=1650803609&filename=Editor.bin’ from origin ‘https://officeds.example.net’ has been blocked by CORS policy: Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https, ascdesktop.

Yes, this is possible. I’ll PM