Issue Opening Files on SMB [Linux - XFCE|MATE]

Hello,

I have being trying to make OnlyOffice to work with Xubuntu, but the app take a lot of time to open and load files from my SMB shares.
For example, LibreOffice opens the same .xlsx in 3 seconds, while OnlyOffice takes 25s.
Local files open normally tho.

Maybe this is an issue related to debian-based systems using certain DE, because both Debian-XFCE, Xubuntu and Debian-MATE had the same behavior.
This doesn’t occur with Debian Cinnamon neither Gnome.

OS version: Xubuntu or Debian with XFCE
App version: Desktop Editors 6.4.2.6
Downloaded from: ONLYOFFICE website / repo

Hope someone have any idea so I can try it out.
Thks

Hello None.
Please clarify if you used deb package installation or snap\flatpack.

Hello,

Installed using the deb package, and as well using the repo.

Just updating…

Did a fresh Linux Mint XFCE install, and OnyOffice had the same behavior, taking a lot of time to load network files.
Installed WPS Office, and it worked right away. So, I don’t know what is happening :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello None.
We are looking into it. When we have something to share, I’ll update this post.

Thanks @Alexandre. Appreciate it.
Let me know if you need more info.

1 Like

Hello @None
Sorry for the late reply.
We reproduced the issue and we added a bug to our internal tracklist (internal number - 54784). We have started working on it.
Thank you for pointing us to this situation.

Thanks! I’m also late to reply, but appreciate your attention (:

1 Like

Hi. I got same (bad) performance with opening files from SMB. Is there any new about fixing this bug?

Hello @q4a
We are still working on mentioned bug 54784. Could you please clarify your exact OS version?

I’m running Lubuntu 22.04 (Ubuntu with LXQt).

I have added your request to mentioned bug. I will update this thread when we have something to share.

1 Like