iPad app crashes / total document loss

Device: iPad 5th gen
OS version: 15.4.1
App version: 7.0.1
Mode: On Device (editing file from Dropbox)

Spent 2 hours editing and writing a document only to have the app crash as I was finishing. Everything totally lost. An infuriating waste of time. And there appears to be no way to manually save a document while in progress? And no autosave?

Hello @LLRazz
We offer an apology for described situation. If app continues to crush, please provide us with exact scenario, so we will be able to reproduce the issue.
As for manually save feature, we are working on it already (internal number - 52182). Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with exact release timeframes at the moment.
Sorry for inconvenience.

@LLRazz one more thing.
Is it possible to reproduce the issue and record a video file? It will help us to investigate the situation.

I can’t reproduce it on command because it happens unexpectedly. There would be nothing to show anyway, except me typing along on a document and all of a sudden the app closes. There is no consistent trigger.

Not having a manual save is a real deal-breaker. The only way to save now is to close the document, select Save, and then reopen it. Having to do that every few sentences is a monumental pain.

Alternatively (or additionally) having an autosave feature (like virtually all other doc editors) would be a big help.

Thank you for your reply.
I will update this post when we have something to share.

@LLRazz
I have spoken with colleagues. Unfortunately we need additional information to check the situation. A video file where you are reproducing the issue would help us.
It looks like the described scenario (app crashes > data lost) is some kind of app error and we need investigate it.