Install using debian repository doesn't work on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS

Do you want to: Report a bug
For bug reports, provide the steps to reproduce and if possible a minimal demo of the problem.
OS version: 22.04.3 LTS
App version: latest
Downloaded from: ONLYOFFICE website

After an unstable install using the native application package from Ubuntu (Snap Store), I looked up the instructions on your website for a Linux install, as below:

mkdir -p -m 700 ~/.gnupg
gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring gnupg-ring:/tmp/onlyoffice.gpg --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys CB2DE8E5
chmod 644 /tmp/onlyoffice.gpg
sudo chown root:root /tmp/onlyoffice.gpg
sudo mv /tmp/onlyoffice.gpg /usr/share/keyrings/onlyoffice.gpg

echo 'deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/onlyoffice.gpg] https://download.onlyoffice.com/repo/debian squeeze main' | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/onlyoffice.list

While the APT package is built against Debian Squeeze, it is compatible with a number of Debian derivatives (including Ubuntu) which means you can use the same repository across all these distributions.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install onlyoffice-desktopeditors

Everything went well until the "install" command.  The response was that no such package could be found.  I suspect that the problem is that "install" on my system points to the snap directory, not whatever I created following the script above.

Hello @profe_miguel
As far as I understand, you followed this guide: Installing ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors to Debian, Ubuntu and derivatives - ONLYOFFICE

I just have checked it on my Ubuntu 22.04 PC, all things are OK:

As a possible solution, please update your OS (apt update, apt upgrade commands) and double-check the situation. If the issue still persists, please provide us with a screenshot from terminal with the issue itself (reproduce the situation).

Here’s what I got this time. When I got the first message that no such file or directory as \temp\onlyoffice.gpg existed, I went back and downloaded the deb package and extracted it to /temp, but that didn’t work either.

Thank you for the screenshot, we are looking into it.

Hello @profe_miguel
Would you mind running a test? Please run the first step from the guide (folder creation - mkdir -p -m 700 ~/.gnupg) and after that please check if this folder was created: ls -ld ~/.gnupg
Please show us the output result.

Here is the screenshot:

If I have time, I am probably going to reinstall Ubuntu today and start afresh; this is not the only issue I have had. But please let me know what you find here.

Hello @profe_miguel
The strange thing is that ls -ld ~/.gnupg output result is correct, but your previous screenshot described that folder wasn’t created. I assume that the issue is related to your PC only. If it’s possible, please try to check the issue on the separate fresh installed Ubuntu.