In OnlyOffice editor, drag-and-drop functionality for text is disabled in the Chrome browser, as indicated by a disabled icon, while it functions correctly in the Firefox browser

In OnlyOffice editor, drag-and-drop functionality for text is disabled in the Chrome browser, as indicated by a disabled icon, while it functions correctly in the Firefox browser.

Steps to Reproduce:
- Open the OnlyOffice editor in Google Chrome.
- Attempt to drag and drop the selected text into the OnlyOffice editor.
- Observe that a disabled icon appears, indicating that the drag-and-drop action is not allowed.
- Repeat the same steps in Mozilla Firefox to confirm that drag-and-drop functionality works as expected in that browser.

Hello @Anuj

The category is set to Desktop Editors, but I believe you are using Docs, is that correct?

If so, please provide versions of Docs, browsers and share a video demo with your scenario to see how and from where text gets drag’n’dropped.

Hello @Constantine,

Thank you for your message. Yes, I’m using Docs, and I can provide the details you requested. However, I’m currently facing an issue while trying to upload the video demo—it says, “Sorry, new users cannot upload attachments.”

Could you please advise on an alternative way to share the video, or if there’s any way to resolve this limitation?

Best regards,
Anuj

I’ve increased your level, please try attaching video again. If you face a size limit, then you can upload your video to any cloud storage and share a link to it.

Hello @Constantine,

Thank you for increasing my level. I’ve successfully attached the video to this message.

For your reference:

React Docs version: "@onlyoffice/document-editor-react": "^1.5.1"
Chrome version: 127.0.6533.120

Please take a look and let me know if you need any further details.

Best regards,
Anuj

Thank you for the video. We will check this behavior, but it is possible that this issue is related to the browser itself. I will keep you posted about the results.

Our devs confirmed that this behavior is related to the browser itself. If browser allows getting text or, for instance, supports drag and drop in general, then editor does not prohibit dropping it into the document. Also, there could be bug in Chrome after all too.

I hope this brings clarity.