Import CSV in Sheet

Ladies and Gentlemen,

when we import CSV files, the cells will be filled with values. However, these values ​​must be confirmed in each cell with the Enter key before they can be displayed in a diagram. As long as the values ​​have not been confirmed with Enter, they are in the cell on the left. How to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Jörn Düsekow
Kerling Gebrüder Bürotechnik GmbH

grafik

Hello @Joern
Would you mind providing us with example of CVS and xlsx files where we can reproduce the situation? If so, you can place them to any external storage and provide us with download link.

Hello Alexandre,

here is the download link to the csv and the xlsx files.

Hello @Joern
Thank you for provided files. I found original CSV file and final xlsx file where the situation reproduces. Could you please also provide us with xlsx file example before CSV data is imported? I’ve tried to use empty xlsx file to reproduce the issue step-by-step, but it looks like the wrong way.

To sum it up, we need xlsx example of file which you use to import CSV (also exact steps of issue scenario, how exactly you import mentioned CSV).

Hello Alexandre,

I simply open the CSV file with Windows Explorer by double-clicking on it. OnlyOffice then starts and asks for the character set and the separators in a window. I choose Western-European-ISO-8859-1 as the character set and semicolon as the separator. That’s it.

Hello @Joern

I simply open the CSV file with Windows Explorer by double-clicking on it. OnlyOffice then starts and asks for the character set and the separators in a window. I choose Western-European-ISO-8859-1 as the character set and semicolon as the separator.

I have compared both files and it looks like xlsx file has additional information. For example, CSV file doesn’t contain some dates from ‘Datum’ column, which are in xlsx file.
In other words, I can’t get the file with described issue if I simply open CSV file.

Would you mind recording a videofile while you are reproducing the situation?

Hello Alexandre,

I just solved the problem. The CSV file must not be opened with a double click, then it will not work. In OnlyOffice, the import function must be executed in the “Data” menu. Then OnlyOffice interprets the values ​​correctly and the diagram is built. Thank you once again for the help.
joern

We are glad that the issue is solved.
Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues.