I'm new to OnlyOffice server maintenance and need to set admin password

Hi I’m in an awkward position as I run a small robotics business and have lost my IT person who installed and maintained OnlyOffice. I’m at a loss and I’m not sure where to begin. First it would seem that I need to verify I have admin privileges and approve a new user. I may have admin for OnlyOffice and I can enter the information for the new user but when i look at docs for doing so my screen or the instructions are not consistent.

I’d also like to know how to determine where file artifacts are being stored based on installation. Where may I find that information?

Thanks in advance for your patience and help.

Appears to be running across several docker containers
OnlyOffice version 12.0.0.1726
Ubuntu 18.04

Hello @timbopoise

I can enter the information for the new user but when i look at docs for doing so my screen or the instructions are not consistent.

Please provide us with details. Do I understand it right that you have account with administrator rights? Not the portal owner account? What exactly goes wrong when you’re trying to add a user to the portal?
Also please let us know if you have access to the server itself.

I’d also like to know how to determine where file artifacts are being stored based on installation.

What do you mean by ‘files artifacts’?

I was told and it was my policy to have admin privileges on our systems and for collaboration tools. However I don’t think it was intention that I might not have been given the necessary privileges. Here are some indicators that makes me believe I don’t have the right privileges:

• When I go to People area I see my IT person with “admin” under name but I have no such indicator.
  • In earlier research, I read that there is one owner, who is my IT person. I found instructions to change owner, thinking that might change things but when I followed instructions my options differed from what I needed to find.

I was able Add a this new user but that person’s name indicates “waiting for confirmation”, I have always been able to add projects and manage the team for that project and make people “administrator” in project.
When I select “send activation link once again” for this personI see a short popup that says “An Unknown Error occurred”

Yes. But onlyoffice appears to be running in docker.

Thanks

Update: When I go back and open this person’s details to edit and Save again, I noticed that there’s an error message I probably missed when I created this useer:

“Table 'onlyoffice.core_userdav” doesn’t exist"

Hello @timbopoise
Sorry for the late reply.
So, you have admin privileges and access to the portal and you can add a new user. Let’s focus on the this issue:

I noticed that there’s an error message I probably missed when I created this useer:

“Table 'onlyoffice.core_userdav” doesn’t exist"

Please provide us with general information about your installation:

1. Server OS
  2. Installation type (docker, exe, package)
  3. Versions of installed Workspace components.
  4. If it’s possible please reproduce the issue and make a videofile.
  5. Please reproduce the issue and send us whole Community server logs folder. it’s located here:
    docker - /app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/logs/
    package - /var/log/onlyoffice/
    Windows: Program Files (x86)\Ascensio System SIA\CommunityServer\Logs

One more thing. Please do not create new topics with the same issue.

Docker Installation - Docker version 20.10.5, build 55c4c88

$ docker ps
3ac2de6db7e5   onlyoffice/communityserver                "/app/run-community-…"   6 months ago    Up 45 hours     
834e47a7e7cd   onlyoffice/documentserver                 "/app/ds/run-documen…"   6 months ago    Up 45 hours     
7f067e4a6a8f   mysql:5.7                                                  "docker-entrypoint.s…"   6 months ago    Up 45 hours     
a13bcc6cead1   onlyoffice/controlpanel:3.0.2.395         "/var/www/onlyoffice…"   6 months ago    Up 45 hours 
cedc780bf75b   onlyoffice/elasticsearch:7.10.0           "/tini -- /usr/local…"   6 months ago    Up 45 hours     

mysql version:

$ docker exec -it 7f067e4a6a8f bash
root@7f067e4a6a8f:/# mysql -V
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.38, for Linux (x86_64) using  EditLine wrapper

We’ve had onlyoffice for awhile and I’m aware that my IT person had issues a number of times and had to resinstalled. The result is a lot of old info. I’m attaching the long list from ‘/app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/logs’, please tell me which file to post.

How can I attach a text file and *.flv file??

Please go to the portal > Control Panel > Update > make a screenshot of this page.

. I’m attaching the long list from ‘/app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/logs’, please tell me which file to post.

How can I attach a text file and *.flv file??

I believe we have to take a closer look at whole folder. You can place it to any external storage and provide us with download link. Also please attach requested earlier information (’ If it’s possible please reproduce the issue and make a videofile.’)

@Alexandre I’ve provided you a link below for a Google Drive shared folder with the artifacts you asked for;

• A long list capture from my server of the …/CommunityServer/logs directory. Tell me which files you want.
  • Recording of how I recreate the “Table 'onlyoffice.core_userdav” doesn’t exist” error.
  • Recording of my attempt to follow portal->Control Panel->update, which was unsuccessful.

My OnlyOffice related information folder

Hello @timbopoise
Thank you for provided videofiles.
About Control Panel.

Please go to the portal > Control Panel > Update > make a screenshot of this page.

You went to settings menu in the provided video. This is not a correct way.

Is this tab available? Please click on it.

Anyway, it looks like you have outdated Workspace portal. I noticed yourdomain name on your video. You can check out installed versions with this link:
https://office.nuspatial.xyz/api/2.0/settings/version/build.json
As you see, Community server and Document server are outdated. Current versions are v.12.1 and v.7.2.2

First of all, you need to update your portal to the latest versions. It’s better to troubleshoot the issue on current versions.
If it’s possible, please let us know how exactly your system administrator deployed the portal.
If they just used installation script without any customized parameters, we can move forward (I mean this guide: Installing server version using the provided script - ONLYOFFICE)

Before any actions, please prepare whole server backup\snapshot. If something goes wrong during update process, you will be able to rollback to current state quickly.
You have 2 ways to update your portal. If Control Panel is available (check tab from my screenshot), please update it via Control Panel.
If Control Panel isn’t available, please download installation script Installing server version using the provided script - ONLYOFFICE > wget https://download.onlyoffice.com/install/workspace-install.sh >run it with command bash workspace-install.sh -u true -ims false

When the update process is finished, please re-check the issue and let us know the result.

NB! One more time. Please prepare whole server backup first.

Current versions are v.12.1 and v.7.2.2

Here are mine:

count 1
status 0
statusCode 200
response
communityServer 12.0.0.1726
documentServer 4.1.5.1
xmppServer 12.0.0.116

First of all, you need to update your portal to the latest versions.

This makes sense, however I would appreciate some guidance as I’m unsure how to do this when it’s a docker install. Is this done in the context of docker exec -it <container> bash ?

Before any actions, please prepare whole server backup\snapshot. If something goes wrong during update process, you will be able to rollback to current state quickly.

I will work on it.

If Control Panel isn’t available, please download installation script

As maybe you could see from the video I don’t see any selectable called “portal”. Console Panel was there but it navigated to a black page.

I’ll let you know results…

thx

This question is related to steps which you (your system administrator) took for installation process. If you just ran installation script, you can use it again with -u true parameter as I mentioned earlier:

If Control Panel isn’t available, please download installation script Installing server version using the provided script - ONLYOFFICE > wget https://download.onlyoffice.com/install/workspace-install.sh >run it with command bash workspace-install.sh -u true -ims false

As maybe you could see from the video I don’t see any selectable called “portal”. Console Panel was there but it navigated to a black page.

Sorry if I was unclear. I meant your Workspace portal, not a ‘portal selectable’ tab.

I think it’s pretty clear that as a manager and chief engineer for development I should have been watching over the shoulder of all my engineers including the IT person,. That’s on me.

When I get to the point that I can run the workspace-install script I will be sure to read all provided instructions and know what ‘-u’ option does and how important it is.

Thanks for your time and patience

Ok, please keep us updated.

Regarding my issue trying to get some control over my OnlyOffice install…

Your last suggestion was to run the …workspace_install.sh, but it appears that it will reinstall Onlyoffice and I want to be sure I take prerequisite steps before such as backing up. I also want to understand what I have before changing things. And indeed, I found that oddly, another server was running Onlyoffice too. Could be an old version that got stopped and never meant to restart but with a power reboot may have started anyway. Regardless, I need to make sense of all this.

I last reported that when i try to navigate to the control panel I get to a blank page. I think it’s because although there’s a docker container for

d9929d499c8a   onlyoffice/controlpanel      "/var/www/onlyoffice…"   7 months ago   Up 4 minutes          80/tcp, 443/tcp                                                                                                                                                                                               onlyoffice-control-panel

I believe it must related to something wrong with this container. The pages that is rendered states “The page isn’t redirecting properly”.

If I browse “https:///controlpanel/” the same page is rendered with the above message. Is there a way to examine the current controlpanel container and verify that the necessary configuration is in effect, such as the route, and port mapping?

Here’s my NGINX route for :slight_smile:

server {
  listen 0.0.0.0:80;
  listen [::]:80;
  server_name <my onlyoffice host url> ;
  return 301 https://$server_name$request_uri;
}

server {
  listen 443 ssl http2;
  listen [::]:443 ssl http2;
  server_name office.nuspatial.xyz;
  client_max_body_size 500M;
    ssl_certificate<>
    ssl_certificate_key <>
  location / {
    proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:7788;
    proxy_read_timeout 1800;
    proxy_connect_timeout 1800;
    http2_push_preload on;
    proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
    proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
    proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
    proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
    proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Ssl on;
    proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
    proxy_set_header Connection $connection_upgrade;
  }
}

What else can I tell you to verify the proper configuration of the controlpanel container?

ALSO, I’ve posting trying to get help getting access to the two mysql databases used by OnlyOffice, where I suspect the table reported earlier is missing, i.e :“Table 'onlyoffice.core_userdav” . I am looking for help figuring out user and passwd that is used to connect to both sql dbs.

Thanks

@Alexander,

Apologies, the information I provided Previously (Dec’22) turns out to be a defunct OnlyOffice install on another machine. I’ve since stopped those containers with no detrimental effect on my onlyoffice web page, except still having original problem.

Here are the running containers related to onlyoffice running on another machine:

$ docker ps
7f049479c80f   onlyoffice/communityserver   "/app/run-community-…"   7 months ago   Up 40 minutes         3306/tcp, 5280/tcp, 9865-9866/tcp, 9871/tcp, 9882/tcp, 9888/tcp, 0.0.0.0:5222->5222/tcp, :::5222->5222/tcp, 0.0.0.0:7788->80/tcp, :::7788->80/tcp, 0.0.0.0:7443->443/tcp, :::7443->443/tcp                    onlyoffice-community-server
d9929d499c8a   onlyoffice/controlpanel      "/var/www/onlyoffice…"   7 months ago   Up 32 minutes         80/tcp, 443/tcp                                                                                                                                                                                               onlyoffice-control-panel
df3db5887726   onlyoffice/documentserver    "/app/ds/run-documen…"   7 months ago   Up 39 minutes         80/tcp, 443/tcp                                                                                                                                                                                               onlyoffice-document-server
101ba1fedd72   mysql:5.7                    "docker-entrypoint.s…"   7 months ago   Up About a minute     3306/tcp, 33060/tcp                                                                                                                                                                                           onlyoffice-mysql-server
4003d812c8d5   mysql:5.7                    "docker-entrypoint.s…"   7 months ago   Up 41 minutes         3306/tcp, 33060/tcp                                                                                                                                                                                           onlyoffice-community-server-db

I’ve already posted another reply asking about the two msql containers…

thx

I’ve sent a message in your main topic (and via PM). Let’s focus the troubleshooting in one topic, please do not create additional ones for the same issue.