How to substitute/pass data to charts when using a docx template

Hi there,

I’m currently using onlyoffice-documentbuilder v6.2.0 on Ubuntu.

At the moment I’m generating docx-files using document.docx templates that hold placeholders that are being substituted during the generation process.

There are two charts supposed to be added to the final document. To be honest - I find the charts, that can be designed using the onlyoffice editor much more appealing than the ones I can generate through documentbuilder.

What I’m trying to achive is the following. I would like to create some sort of a “chart placeholder” in my template.docx that has the design definitions of the desired outcome already applied so that documentbuilder would just add the values, x-, y-axis labels etc. during the generation process. Is something like this possible? I would greatly appreciate if someone could point me to the right direction.

Many thanks in advance!

Mark

Hello Mark.
Unfortunately, there’s no way to update chart data or choose a chart style via Document builder API at the moment. We added your enhancement ideas to our internal tracklist, but I cannot provide you with exact timeframes of these features release.

1 Like

Hello Alexandre,

thank you very much for your answer and for putting this enhancement idea to your tracklist! Meanwhile I will stick with the currently available way of generating charts.

Mark

1 Like