How to set user name config in /home/$user/.config/onlyoffice/DesktopEditors.conf

How do I configure the user-name in DesktopEditors.conf so I can automate a correct user name so document commenting works smooth.

How to create my own ByteArray from plain text username string?

# cat /home/$user/.config/onlyoffice/DesktopEditors.conf 
[General]
appdata="@ByteArray(eyJ1c2VybmFtZSI6Impkb2UiLCJkb2NvcGVubW9kZSI6ImVkaXQiLCJsYW5naWQiOiJlbi1FTiIsInVpc2NhbGluZyI6IjAiLCJ1aXRoZW1lIjoidGhlbWUtY2xhc3NpYy1saWdodCIsImVkaXRvcndpbmRvd21vZGUiOmZhbHNlfQ==)"
editorWindowMode=false
maximized=true
position=@Rect(100 100 1324 800)
titlebar=custom

Hello @jelledj
Do I understand it right that you are integrating Desktop Editors to your own self-written storage? If so, please check it out: ONLYOFFICE Api Documentation - Adding a DMS provider
‘displayName’ is passed via portal:login event.
If I misunderstood your situation, please provide us with details.

No I have installed withapt install onlyoffice-desktopeditors and there is a configuration file at /home/$user/.config/onlyoffice/DesktopEditors.conf I want to define the user name that is set automatically to the $USER variable, but I want to configure it with my own user name and I want to automate this. You can go to the settings in the GUI and change your user name there, it seems to change this @ByteArray setting in the config file but I do not know how to decode or encode this string for automation.

Please help me set the user name used in onlyoffice-desktopeditors from the users configuration file.

Hello @jelledj
appdata line contains data which encoded in base64. Probably you can decode it, change the name > encode and place new encoded line there. But I’m not sure that I can help you with decode\encode process.

1 Like