How to select and deselect a column

Hello I wanted to know how to select and deselect a column in only office desktop edition in linux, using the spreadsheet. For example when I select a whole column by left clicking the very top of the D column and if I want to deselect for example D1,D2,D3 boxes by presing CTRL + left click I get this
Captura desde 2023-04-12 20-47-56

Instead of actually deselecting the boxes I mentioned before. I know the application works differently of how libreoffice and excel work, but I don’t know how to do that simple task. I want to select the whole column except the box at the top that’s why i want to deselect some boxes, but it does not work

If anyone know how to do that please let me know.

I want to post images about the problem but since I’m a new user it doesn’t let me so please let me know if you understand what am I asking. I don’t know how to explain myself very well, thanks.

Hey, @cobranegra

I seem to have understood your purpose.
We are checking the situation. I will let you know when I get something.

1 Like

We have the enhancement suggestion number 46398 registered in our internal tracker to add such functionality in future releases. However, we do not have any estimated time frames of the release available yet.

Currently, as a workaround, for Spreadsheet editor you have the opportunity
select cell D4 and use ctrl + shift + ↓
All cells with information or empty cells displayed on the screen will be selected

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Please do not hesitate asking questions if you have any.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply and there is not problem, I was just asking about that feature. Hopefully you guys add that feature in a future release.

1 Like

Hmm was looking for this feature and I found 3 posts (not only linux) about it always with the same message regarding the issue tracker. One was from 2020 ( https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/DocumentServer/issues/968 )
Couldn’t find any update to this or whether a option is implemented but by just doing the usual inputs in my editor I assume that it’s still not a thing in the current version (on win)
I’m not writing this to give crap to the support as from what I’ve read your doing a good job communicating/responding to these threads.
My intention here is to emphasize the importance of said feature and that I’ll go back to my previous program and will check out onlyoffice at some point in the future again.

1 Like

Hey @TobiTurner

Thank you for your feedback
Sometimes I myself lack the features that I got used to using other editors before.

I will try to find out something about the time frames.

+I’ve added your request to mentioned suggestion

Developers said that you should not expect it in the next release.
We will try to release it after 7.5 🫡

1 Like

that’s unfortunate but thank you for the response!

1 Like